Cruise Critic Podcast Now on iTunes

EditorAndrew

What do you think of Cruise Critic starting a podcast?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Cruise Critic starting a podcast?

• Sounds great! I can’t wait for more.
    • Pretty good. But I have some ideas for you
    • Interesting, but I’ll stick to the boards
    • Didn’t listen/Not Interested

Hello Cruise Critic Community:

We have concluded our trial and the poll has now been closed. Thank you all for your encouragement, critiques and suggestions.

Special thanks to everyone who took the time to listen during our trial run!:D

The Cruise Critic Podcast is now on iTunes as well as other popular podcatchers and directories.

Google Play

Stitcher

SoundCloud

ShoutEngine

FMPlayer

Blubrry

PocketCast

If you enjoyed the content please subscribe and rate us. Please feel free to continue to post your comments, feedback, suggestions and requests in this thread.

Thanks again.

Andrew

Edited by LauraS

What is a podcast?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Podcasts are like internet radio shows. You can listen to them on your computer, smartphone, tablet, iPod or MP3 player.

The links in the opening post point the the show that Cruise Critic is experimenting with.

Apologies for not clarifying earlier.

Thanks Andrew, for explaining what a podcast is, I have wondered in the past. But, the bottom line is, no I probably wouldn't listen to a podcast. I find I retain info better when I read it and can refer back to it.

Thanks for the feedback. These early episodes are very instructional the hope is that we can generate more fun content as well if there is an interest.

I love it! I used to never use Cruise Critic but it's my go-to site for cruising resources. I've only listened to part of the Drinks Package 101 podcast but definitely looking forward to listening to the rest!

Sheri

Thank you for the support. :) Hope you enjoy it!

What is a podcast?

Thank you. While I have heard the term I have not a clue what it is thus, I am not interested. I am among the fewthat live and exist without a smart phone glued to my hand morning, noon and night. :D

I've been trying to listen to the test episodes but can't get them to play :(

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry about that. Are you trying to listen to them on your iPhone?

Try this link:

https://soundcloud.com/cruisecritic/sets/cruise-critic-podcast/s-OCF2S

You shouldn't need the Soundcloud app for these to work

Both my husband, myself and our grown children enjoy listening to podcasts in our cars.

I listened to the buffet portion. It was well done but thought you could have stated which lines this is common on. We travel on Windstar and the buffet at lunch is nothing like described in the podcast.

I would listen to podcasts telling about other upscale cruise lines but I guess there are fewer people interested in these than the mass market lines.

Thanks for the suggestion. If we get enough requests or/and call ins we could do a spot on luxury ships.

Edited by EditorAndrew

Thank you. While I have heard the term I have not a clue what it is thus, I am not interested. I am among the fewthat live and exist without a smart phone glued to my hand morning, noon and night. :D

I prefer message boards because you get different perspectives, rather than a podcast (or other produced media) that is by nature inflexible.

No worries. Thanks for the feedback. :)

We appreciate the forum enthusiasts. This new format is an attempt to reach people who may prefer to listen to content or want to hear about cruise while in their car. There are also people who are intimidated by the boards. Hoping some friendly voices can bring some lurkers out of hiding. :D

I think the podcasts are a great way for people to learn more about a topic that interests them. I always turn to Cruise Critic first when I am looking for information about a future cruise.

Sounds like a great idea

Thanks for the support :) Hope you enjoy it.

Thanks for the link, but that didn't work either

Thank you for pointing this out. Looks like the boards app is having trouble with the SoundCloud links. I'll update the opening post with alternative links to a different host.

Edited by EditorAndrew

Thanks for the link, but that didn't work either

At least one of these should work. Thank you for your patience.

Drinks Packages -

Link 1 - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzH74n2QEQk9aGs4ZHFqU2w5Zmc

Link 2 -

Edited by EditorAndrew

I've listened to half of the vista vs harmony episode on my computer and I love it! I second what another poster said, having reviews of common ports with excursion suggestions would be great! Also a podcast on various cruising tipsters