Crowne Plaza or HI Express Dania in FLL

delta13

I've only cruised out of FLL one other time and stayed pre-cruise at the Crowne Plaza. Nice hotel, but not the greatest location. I had booked it again for my cruise in a couple of weeks and got a pretty good rate of $149. I'm now finding the HI Express Dania about $20 cheaper and wondering if the location is better. I'm specifically wondering if there is any shopping/restaurants within walking distance. Thanks!

I've only cruised out of FLL one other time and stayed pre-cruise at the Crowne Plaza. Nice hotel, but not the greatest location. I had booked it again for my cruise in a couple of weeks and got a pretty good rate of $149. I'm now finding the HI Express Dania about $20 cheaper and wondering if the location is better. I'm specifically wondering if there is any shopping/restaurants within walking distance. Thanks!

The location of HIE isn't any better, in fact the area isn't very nice. Grandpa's Bakery is just a few blocks away though. At least with the Crowne Plaza Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza is really close, and it's a really cheap Uber to 17th St if you don't want to walk.

If shopping and restaurants are your priority then neither one of them have much to offer.

Their are no restaurants of significance near the HIE other than Dairy Bell Ice Cream, Jimmie's Chocolates and the Land Crab Lounge which I know absolutely nothing about...

http://www.landcrablounge.com/

Most of the shops near there are antique shops.

I just have to ask, how did you get such good deals on hotels? I am leaving in 2 1/2 weeks and the prices are horrible - relative to my past sailings. Thank you for any insight to getting a better price.

Price is my first priority and then shopping/restaurants. Sounds like I'll stay put at the Crowne Plaza.

As far as pricing, I was able to find these rates through a corporate booking tool from my employer and I was glad to see them as many of the hotels I was finding were in the close to $300 a night range.

Thanks for everyone's input!

Send me an email and maybe I can help you

lido.deck@yahoo.com

Thanks! I'll email you later this afternoon!

Price is my first priority and then shopping/restaurants. Sounds like I'll stay put at the Crowne Plaza.

As far as pricing, I was able to find these rates through a corporate booking tool from my employer and I was glad to see them as many of the hotels I was finding were in the close to $300 a night range.

Thanks for everyone's input!

Lucky you!!!

Here is the text of my Tripadvisor review of this hotel:

We have stayed here twice with the last time being October 23rd. The reservation requested a "King Mobil Accessible Roll In Shwr Nosmk - Non Smoking room and was made 3+ months in advance. Upon check in, we were assured that the room had a roll in shower. It did NOT and I could not use the non-roll in shower. At that point, after driving 200 miles, I didn't want to repack and maybe move to another room. When I mentioned this to the front desk clerk the next morning and showed her my copy of the confirmation which said " King Mobil Accessible Roll In Shwr Nosmk - Non Smoking Special Requests: Request wheelchair accessible room", she acknowledged it but did nothing further like call a manager over. We never received an apology after departing either. I mention this incident because it happened the time before in March (3/31/15) (i.e. TWICE).

The room was very nice with comfy beds and the breakfast was excellent. But, the failure to better take care of disabled guests (TWICE) is a deal breaker for the future.