Cost of Camp Carnival Question??

da_cruisin_bears

I do not think that there would be any charge for the regular hours. Late night hours probably charge an hourly fee. On RCCL Kid club the late hours were 10:PM to 1AM at a charge of $5.00 per hour per child. My 11DD paid her own way a couple of times just so I would let her stay.

Carnival Camp is included as part of your cruise - only afterhours babysitting is extra. We were on the Inspiration 2 years ago and my DGD Loved the kid camp - in fact she didn't want to spend any time with us - wanted to be with the kids...

There is no charge for Camp Carnival, except for after 10 pm. The camp is generally open 9 - noon, 2 - 5 (or 6) and 7 - 10. After that, there is a minimal hourly fee until the wee hours of the morning.

On port days, the camp is open continously from when the ship docks until sailaway - no charge then either. There is usually a "coke-tail" party on formal nights, so theoretically you could send the children to the camp for dinner (we've never done this, so I can't elaborate.)

The camp is not open on the first (sail away) day. There is generally a short meeting when you sign your children up around 7-ish, and they offer the for-a-fee sitting after 10.

Usually, they have a kids talent show in the afternoon the last sea day, during which the camp is closed, and children must be accompanied at the show by a parent.

Hope this helps!

No charge for regular hours (till 10 pm). There is a per-hour charge from 10 pm to 3 am - $6.00/hour for first child, $4.00/hour for additional kids. There's also a "slumber party" available for a set fee a couple of times during the cruise - I think the party for our 9 YO was $28.00. Tips are not included in any of the Camp Carnival fees; we generally tip on the last night of the cruise. There is no recommended rate; I think it really depends on how much you use Camp Carnival and the service you receieve. My kids love it and used it often.

Archived