Cruise insurance recommendations uk

swimming with spaniels

Check to see if you get any through a bank/building society account.

I get free annual Europe cover but have upgraded to worldwide, covered my medical conditions and paid excess waiver - it is £25 for the year. I used to work in travel insurance claims, so I know what is a good policy or not and this seems like a very comprehensive and competitive company. I admit, not all will be the same but they will be underwritten by a major insurance company and may work out more reasonable.

Just another option for you to consider :)

Edited by Cruisingthesuitelife

Check to see if you get any through a bank/building society account.

I get free annual Europe cover but have upgraded to worldwide, covered my medical conditions and paid excess waiver - it is £25 for the year. I used to work in travel insurance claims, so I know what is a good policy or not and this seems like a very comprehensive and competitive company. I admit, not all will be the same but they will be underwritten by a major insurance company and may work out more reasonable.

Just another option for you to consider :)

Sounds very much like my Nationwide a/c & insurance. Free European cover, or upgrade the account which increases the cover to worldwide for a fee, met in part by interest earned in the a/c.

Prior to that, Insure-and-go was very reasonable, with a choice of cover levels. But I switched when I hit 65 & they pretty-well trebled the premium.

JB :)

Sounds very much like my Nationwide a/c & insurance. Free European cover, or upgrade the account which increases the cover to worldwide for a fee, met in part by interest earned in the a/c.

Prior to that, Insure-and-go was very reasonable, with a choice of cover levels. But I switched when I hit 65 & they pretty-well trebled the premium.

Might well be exactly like that ;) Wasn't sure if I could name them or not - I have family get similar through Lloyds. I've been lucky and had no problems but having a good cover is really important these days.

Edited by Cruisingthesuitelife

We had Insure & Go last year and a couple of weeks ago we got a letter off them saying they would automatically take (an increased) premium off our credit card unless we contacted them to tell them not to. We had US cover last year but we won't be going there this year but they never even asked that. So I had to tell them (during a lengthy telephone conversation) not to bother renewing. So because of that, I won't be using them again. Insurance companies are a law unto themselves!

It's worth a mention that Nationwide policy also covers cruising. Like yourself we have upgraded to worldwide and extended trip cover to 40 days at a very reasonable cost. From September this year which is our renewal date, the worldwide cover will be £20 but worldwide including the Americas and Caribbean will be £40. We will be given the choice at that time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums