Are all extreme zipline adventures in puerto vallarta the same?

Ashtonwa

The excursion titles may differ when listed by the ship or third party tour brokers but there is only one company that offer the Boat, Unimog, Mule Ride & Zipline excursion and that is Vallarta Adventures - http://www.vallarta-adventures.com/tours/outdoor-adventure

A second zipline excursion offered by Vallarta Adventures is the "Extreme zipline adventure" - http://www.vallarta-adventures.com/tours/extreme-zip-line-canopy-adventure

If arriving on a cruise ship, you will have to book either of these excursions through the cruise ship. (it's a contract thing) People staying in Puerto Vallarta on a land vacation don't have this restriction.

You may be seeing either excursion offered through a variety of third-party tour brokers but there is only one operator.

Having said this, there are a couple of zipline excursions available through other providers that can be booked independently (example: http://www.canopytours-vallarta.com/) but the two offered by Vallarta Adventures must be booked through the ship.

Enjoy!

Edited by MSN-Travelers

currently for my cruise they have just 33 total for the cruise and just 12 in puerto vallarta. Not one is a zipline adventure and that is what my kids really wanted to do there. They have like 5 walking tours, tequila tours, a horseback ride (grandpa has horses), an ATV adventure (we own ATV's so not a big deal there either). That's why I have started looking through other companies to do the zipline. Do you think that the number of excursions offered will increase? 33 seems like so little for all the stops to be included in it. I'm crossing my fingers they offer one or that I can get one off ship.

Your cruise is roughly 8 months away. NCL likely hasn't finalized all of its 2015 contracts yet. You are in Vallarta 8 AM to 5 PM and that time frame is "prime time" for the excursion industry.

I have no doubt that the ship's excursion list for your cruise will grow as we get closer to the start of the "cruise/tourist" season (Nov-May).

We typically spend our Novembers in Vallarta. We have done the Los Veranos zip lines four times over the years and have always enjoyed the experience. I just can't get Marilyn to yes to VA's Outdoor Adventure.

Anyone know if Princess uses this company? We will be in Puerto Vallarta from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.

Yes all cruiselines use Vallarta Adventures.

• 1 month later...
Your cruise is roughly 8 months away. NCL likely hasn't finalized all of its 2015 contracts yet. You are in Vallarta 8 AM to 5 PM and that time frame is "prime time" for the excursion industry.

I have no doubt that the ship's excursion list for your cruise will grow as we get closer to the start of the "cruise/tourist" season (Nov-May).

We typically spend our Novembers in Vallarta. We have done the Los Veranos zip lines four times over the years and have always enjoyed the experience. I just can't get Marilyn to yes to VA's Outdoor Adventure.

I emailed Vallarta Adventures to ask the difference between the Ultimate Zipline experience and the cruise offered excursion. Didn't get a clear answer. Also how would you compare the Los Veranos ziplines to Valarta experience. From the video it looks like Los Veranos is a little tame and short. Your opinion?

Mahalo, Tim

I emailed Vallarta Adventures to ask the difference between the Ultimate Zipline experience and the cruise offered excursion. Didn't get a clear answer. Also how would you compare the Los Veranos ziplines to Valarta experience. From the video it looks like Los Veranos is a little tame and short. Your opinion?

Mahalo, Tim

Vallarta Adventure’s “EXTREME ZIP LINE ADVENTURE” = Princess’s “Jungle Zip Line Adventure PVR-400”

Vallarta Adventure’s “OUTDOOR ADVENTURE” = Princess’s “Jungle Zip Line & Rappelling PVR-410”

I’m not sure what “the Ultimate Zipline experience” is.

The primary difference between Los Veranos and Vallarta Adventures is:

The Los Veranos zip lines start at a land station and end at a land station (for the most part). Lines span a river valley with some wicked heights.

The Vallarta Adventures zip lines were/are close to the original “canopy tour” from Costa Rica. Lines are basically treetop-to-treetop with a final rappel down out of the trees at the end. You spend almost all your time 70 feet or so off the ground.

Both company's excursions are fun but different.

I haven’t done the “Outdoor Adventure” & it has been 6+ years since I did Vallarta Adventures zip lines. My wife has a morbid fear of heights but was willing to do Los Veranos (twice) because she was able to stand on firm ground after each zip line.

Los Veranos is popular with cruisers due to the cheaper price, flexible schedule and you are afforded the opportunity to end your excursion downtown where you can spend tourist time along the beach/Malecon.