MAGIC onboard luggage check in without DCL airport transfer

kiffyf

Since the Galveston port is fairly new to DCL, I am looking for information regarding checking luggage onboard and picking up at final destination. Is this a service offered on the MAGIC? And if so, do you have to have a DCL transfer in order to take advantage of this program? As a note, we will be flying Delta out of IAH and driving to airport in our rental car. Thanks.

Mostly because we will be traveling with three kids and it would be MUCH easier to navigate off the ship without carrying our luggage. My husband and I have cruise several times on our own and do the self-assist disembarkation, but we are leery of doing this with our three kids. We have a short connection at IAH so we are looking to save time and hassle.

Mostly because we will be traveling with three kids and it would be MUCH easier to navigate off the ship without carrying our luggage. My husband and I have cruise several times on our own and do the self-assist disembarkation, but we are leery of doing this with our three kids. We have a short connection at IAH so we are looking to save time and hassle.

My understanding is that you must book at least ground transportation through DCL to be eligible:

"Onboard Airline Check-In is a convenient service that provides Guests who have purchased Disney Cruise Line air or ground transportation the ability to check in their luggage for their flights and receive their airline boarding passes before they disembark the ship."

-- Suzanne

I'm confused. A "short connection" at IAH? I thought you were flying out of there, not connecting through there.

You don't have to carry your luggage off. Leave it in the hall the night before and claim it in the luggage area prior to clearing customs.

Since the Galveston port is fairly new to DCL, I am looking for information regarding checking luggage onboard and picking up at final destination. Is this a service offered on the MAGIC? And if so, do you have to have a DCL transfer in order to take advantage of this program? As a note, we will be flying Delta out of IAH and driving to airport in our rental car. Thanks.

AFAIK, the procedure of being able to place your bags outside your room the last night and not having to touch it again until your home airport is only available for those cruises ending at Port Canaveral. And, for this program, you have to have purchased EITHER DCL transportation from port to airport OR purchased your airfare through DCL on specific airlines.

Here's the infomation:\

When you register for Onboard Airline Check-In, you are entitled to:

Receive your boarding passes and check your luggage for your return flight before you disembark the ship

Skip luggage claim at the port terminal

Bypass the airline check-in counter at the airport

Here's how it works: Reserve air or ground transportation through Disney Cruise Line® and sign up for Onboard Airline Check-In when you check in for your cruise at the port or a Walt Disney World® Resort Hospitality Desk. On the day prior to disembarkation, your airline boarding passes and valet luggage tags will magically be delivered to your stateroom, along with a letter answering common questions you may have. Attach the tags to your luggage and leave your bags outside your stateroom the evening prior to disembarkation. Disney Cruise Line® will collect and deliver your luggage to your airline. When you arrive at Orlando International Airport, proceed to security with your boarding passes already in hand and continue on to your scheduled departure gate. It's that simple!

Available to Guests flying out of Orlando International Airport on domestic flights (including Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands) on AirTran Airways, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Continental Airlines, Delta Air Lines, JetBlue Airways, Northwest Airlines, United/Ted Airlines and US Airways it's the perfect ending to a magical cruise vacation! Pre-registration is required and scheduled flights must be after 11:25 a.m. on the day your cruise ends. Guests are limited to two bags per person and each piece must not exceed 50 lbs. Additionally, some Guests may be selected to check in at the airport and unable to use this service.

:)

Archived