Camera help !

Fuji Finepix are decent little point and shoots. They have glass lenses rather than plastic so there is less distortion. They're little workhorses too, I've owned several and the only time I had a problem with one was when DH shut it in the car door. :) They have waterproof models, which look pretty good, too.

Do you have a budget? There are perfectly functional cameras from all the manufacturers at the 100/150/250/300 ranges, but someone here can usually find a sweet spot in there. For instance, Canon has just announced several new cameras, so the previous model in that class may be a really good deal today.

At the same time you get that camera you also need to get 3-4 memory cards (8-16GB Each) (more if your cruise is over 7 days), and a second battery. Most Point and Shoot cameras can do more than 6-800 shots on an 8GB memory stick. If the camera comes with a memory stick it will be very small like 64M which isn't very many shots. The manual will tell you how many shots on a memory stick the camera will shoot. Good Luck with all the Great Pictures. Also most of the Point and Shoot cameras will also do Video Movies!

Definitely $200 or below. As my dad has agreed to get one for me since my bday is almost immediately pre cruise ... I am not technocigally savvy. I want to point and click and have no blurriest etc

Within these constraints and considering your photo goals, any camera at all will be OK.

DON

Check out the Nikon P310 then. I have this camera for my pocket camera and it has a fast lens - which means it will be good in low light. And it is pretty good for video too.

http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-COOLPIX-Digital-Camera-NIKKOR/dp/B0073HSH08/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1377475188&sr=1-1&keywords=p310

Archived