Uniworld On board Cabin Upgrade Cost

Los_Pepes

We met a couple on our Uniworld Danube cruise last year that got an upgrade to the top deck, not to a suite, but on the same level. They did not say what they had to pay. I just can not imagine upgrades happen very often, because these ships book up so quickly. Good luck! Hope you get an upgrade!

If you have travelled with uniworld before you can get 1 upgrade free assuming there is a vacancy so if you want to move from cl5 to cl3 you would pay one upgrade and get the other free check with your travel agent we got discounts and privileges because we had travelled with Trafalgar and Insight ( part of the Red Carnation group)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

If you have travelled with uniworld before you can get 1 upgrade free assuming there is a vacancy so if you want to move from cl5 to cl3 you would pay one upgrade and get the other free check with your travel agent we got discounts and privileges because we had travelled with Trafalgar and Insight ( part of the Red Carnation group)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

what is aquarium class? We got a free upgrade from class 5 to class 2 without asking on our next cruise. This will be our third Uniworld cruise (technically our 4th because we combined two one week cruises into a longer one last trip). I don't know why we got so lucky. As was stated above you qualify for one free upgrade if you are a repeat customer on a space available basis. As far as I understand you need Not buy an upgrade to get the free upgrade so for example class 5 to class 4 would be no cost to you. Also I do Not think it includes upgrading from a non-suite to a suite. Happy to be corrected if I have misstated the rules.

Aquarium class is a cabin beneath the water line. The issue we have is that if we receive a one level upgrade, we go from level 5 (aquarium) to a level 4 (also aquarium.

I have heard of passengers buying an upgrade on a discount when they arrive on board.

Aquarium class is a cabin beneath the water line. The issue we have is that if we receive a one level upgrade, we go from level 5 (aquarium) to a level 4 (also aquarium.

I have heard of passengers buying an upgrade on a discount when they arrive on board.

Well the window of the cabin is Not below the water line at least on the Uniworld ships I have cruised on.

Hi,

We are doing our second Uniworld 7 nighter next March. We booked aquarium class this time around. Just out of curiosity, has anyone ever upgraded once on board? If so what was the cost?

Thanks!

We sailed on the S.S. Antoinette ( Castles on the Rhine out of Amsterdam) which was an 8 day cruise in Nov.2013 , and we were booked in Aquarium class . I called for an upgrade to the lowest grade French Balcony class and found the cost for the upgrade to be 1500 U.S.D.(two persons). I thought this was too expensive and did not upgrade. I found the aquarium class cabin to be just fine although my wife sometimes complained of engine noise. We have two more river cruises booked with french balconies, but I would sail in aquarium class again on Uniworld in a heartbeat. You might hear just a little engine noise if you are in the very rear( AFT) of the boat and maybe a little noise from waves hitting the sides , but it is no big deal.