MDR Seating Question

itzkelly

I was reading another thread just now, which a PP stated the serving team takes care of a 4-top, 6-top and an 8-top table. I'm travelling with my family and two other families and our reservations are attached so that we can all dine together. There are 6 adults and 7 children total (ages 7, 6, 5, 5, 4, 3, and almost 2 yrs). I've already requested a highchair for my almost 2-yr old, but now am wondering if they are going to be able to seat us all together or will we be split up? Up til now I've envisioned a long table (preferably near the windows :D) with everyone together, but now I am wondering if this is even possible? Will we end up in two separate tables instead?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated! :)

Thanks!

I was reading another thread just now, which a PP stated the serving team takes care of a 4-top, 6-top and an 8-top table. I'm travelling with my family and two other families and our reservations are attached so that we can all dine together. There are 6 adults and 7 children total (ages 7, 6, 5, 5, 4, 3, and almost 2 yrs). I've already requested a highchair for my almost 2-yr old, but now am wondering if they are going to be able to seat us all together or will we be split up? Up til now I've envisioned a long table (preferably near the windows :D) with everyone together, but now I am wondering if this is even possible? Will we end up in two separate tables instead?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated! :)

Thanks!

As long as all of your reservations are linked for dining, you should be seated together. They can put tables together to make larger ones. In your case, they could put together an 8 & 4 top (the high chair doesn't really take a spot).

As to whether the table will be near a window, there are not really that many windows in the MDRs, so don't count on it.

:)

Hopefully, your group won't do as a large group did that we sailed with on the Dream. All the adults sat together at one table, and all the children at another. Throwing food, shouting, jumping out of their seats, all without a single word from their parents. The rest of the dining room really enjoyed their meals.

We were a group of 10 on the Wonder two years ago and were all seated together. Last summer on the dream we saw a group of 12 together and a much larger group (18-20) seated at two large tables beside each other. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if you got one large table as DCL really does try to be accomodating.

We were a group of 10 on the Wonder two years ago and were all seated together. Last summer on the dream we saw a group of 12 together and a much larger group (18-20) seated at two large tables beside each other. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if you got one large table as DCL really does try to be accomodating.

Yes, they are very accomodating.

That said, personally, I think sitting at a table larger than an 8 top is really not a good thing. You can't talk with everyone at the table (the distance to the other end of the table and the noise already present in the MDR causes this).

I think I would rather split my party and rotate seating each evening. The servers are used to parties doing this and that way you won't wind up talking to the same people every night.

:)

Archived