Hotwire - 4 1/2 star hotel

mom22tinks

So, this is our first visit to New Orleans and would like to stay in the french quarter. There are 4 of us, me, dh and dd 14 and 16. I was hoping to get a balcony.

I was looking on hotwire and they have 3 options for 4 1/2 star hotels. Based on their amenities I narrowed down the possibility to: Royal Sonesta and Roosevelt New Orleans. They mentioned it was a boutique hotel. I was hoping its the Royal Sonesta. Does anyone have any current help? We will be there 1/3/17-1/4/17.

Also, am I crazy for staying in the french quarter? I just figured I don't know when we will be back and if we wanted, DH and I could walk around and leave our kids in the hotel.

Thank you!

It is listed as 4.5 stars and a 95% recommended. Listed as Boutique hotel | Business center | Fitness center | Pet friendly | Pool(s) | Restaurant(s) | Self-service laundry | Smoke-free rooms

And if it is the Royal Sonesta, what are the chances of getting a street balcony? Do I call them after I book and request or wait til I check in? Or do I shell out the extra bucks and book it straight to be sure to get what I want?

I have been to New Orleans several times. French Quarter is fun and always something going on. Other great hotels are the Monteleone (awesome rotating bar!) and The Saint Autograph

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you.

And thank you for telling me not to trust hotwire!

It is listed as 4.5 stars and a 95% recommended. Listed as Boutique hotel | Business center | Fitness center | Pet friendly | Pool(s) | Restaurant(s) | Self-service laundry | Smoke-free rooms

And if it is the Royal Sonesta, what are the chances of getting a street balcony? Do I call them after I book and request or wait til I check in? Or do I shell out the extra bucks and book it straight to be sure to get what I want?

That hotel should be Royal Sonesta. I've stayed there a few times. I've never had a balcony room there...but I've never requested one either. Maybe if it isn't a busy night you can get one on request...I have had balcony rooms at other hotels with hotwire rates.

Edited by Saint Greg