For Bonnie and Azamara Joel

pacheco18

Azamara needs to give FULL refunds for 2015 bookings based on it having materially changed benefits to passengers. Azamara may not remove benefits upon which people relied when booking and keep deposits. It's a breach of contract

We can all understand ports can change. But a cruise line may not significantly reduce amenities after taking people's money and expect to keep that money. On our b 2 b we will have lost 1000 plus internet minutes plus at least four bags of free laundry. Deal breaker I am an attorney. I need to be connected. I would never have booked without those free internet minutes

My ta will be the first to request a full refund. Expect others to follow

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We will follow, joined by another couple we recruited for their first Azamara cruise. Thanks, Laraine:cool:

Edited by oddjob16

Sorry, but on this point I don't agree. I have never considered the perks of a loyalty programme as part of a contract. As far as I am aware the LCV terms and conditions have always stated the benefits can change at any time and without notice and that is what will be used if you try and get your money back. Good luck with it though!

Phil

You will recall that folks got money back when land discoveries program discount changed

Azamara knows it may not change the deal after booking.

An inducement to get someone to book May not simply be removed. Look up the elements of fraud under us law I think Florida law governs

MisRepresentation of fact Can be intentional or negligent

Relied upon

Material

Damages

Contract not even needed

No company may do this

If they eliminated free gratuities or free wine it would be no different

Azamara needs to give FULL refunds for 2015 bookings based on it having materially changed benefits to passengers. Azamara may not remove benefits upon which people relied when booking and keep deposits. It's a breach of contract

We can all understand ports can change. But a cruise line may not significantly reduce amenities after taking people's money and expect to keep that money. On our b 2 b we will have lost 1000 plus internet minutes plus at least four bags of free laundry. Deal breaker I am an attorney. I need to be connected. I would never have booked without those free internet minutes

I am confused. Did Azamara cancel or substantially change the cruise and not allow the internet minutes etc. be applied to another cruise? Thanks.

Hello Pacheco18,

I'm confused. Why can't you cancel ? Is this about a $25 per person cancellation fee, or is it a larger amount of money ?

While I can understand disappointment with the LCV updates, I cant see cancelling what would likely be a wonderful cruise over the changes, but to each their own. As this is customer service issue, your TA is the one to deal with Azamara. I hope everything works out well for you. Good luck !

Edited by Host Andy

Of course not

I booked both legs on board

Those deposits are allegedly non refundable

I want them refunded-/

Just as they refunded open passage bookings when they rescinded the discount in shore excursions

Of course not

I booked both legs on board

Those deposits are allegedly non refundable

I want them refunded-/

Just as they refunded open passage bookings when they rescinded the discount in shore excursions

I Have 1100 at stake FYI

Hello Pacheco18,

I'm confused. Why can't you cancel ? Is this about a $25 per person cancellation fee, or is it a larger amount of money ?

While I can understand disappointment with the LCV updates, I cant see cancelling what would likely be a wonderful cruise over the changes, but to each their own. As this is customer service issue, your TA is the one to deal with Azamara. I hope everything works out well for you. Good luck !

I think they would agree to refund the $25.00 per person US cancellation fee.

Not sure how they will handle others from other countries.

I am fairly certain all of these loyalty programs state they are subject to change.

Edited by Jade13

I Have 1100 at stake FYI

Ok then - thanks for clarifying. As this is a customer service issue, your TA must take this up with Azamara. This thread will remain visible, but closed. Should Azamara care to comment, I will be happy to reopen the thread at the appropriate time.

I hope you will resolve your concerns. Good Luck, and happy cruising !