Best places to stay night before cruise in Miami

Uzdcaddy

My cruise is not until November so don't have first hand experience but we picked the a Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon.

Price was 160 and I beleive 10 per person for transportation to the pier.

They have free airport pick up and looks like there is resturants, drug stores, and grocery store across the street.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

November prices are higher than I have experienced in the past this year (in Miami). I use priceline and aim for downtown. It seems I always wind up at the Hyatt Regency and it is a great place to stay. It is close to the port so a taxi is cheap. The Hyatt website is over $200 a night but that is crazy and you can do much better through priceline.

Need advice on where to stay night before Miami departure. Not to high priced and transportation to port. Thanks

"Best" and "not high priced" are subjective - my splurge hotel might be your bargain. When do you cruise and what is your budget? :confused:

Only a few of the budget hotels near the MIA airport - are you flying into MIA or into FLL? :confused: - offer "free" shuttles to POM. If you are arriving late and just want to go to sleep and head for POM in the morning these are fine - check La Quinta East, Comfort Suites North and Springhill Suites Medical Center.

Arriving earlier and want to see/experience Miami or Miami Beach? :confused: Lots of threads on downtown hotels close to POM, and all will be about a $25 cab ride from MIA; another $12 cab will get you to POM the next day.

Good luck! :)

When we went last year we stayed at Holiday Inn Bayside. It is right across the street from Bayside Marketplace.

Not sure how much we paid, but it wasn't too much as we do like to watch what we spend on hotels. (most likely $120 to $150 per night?)

Need advice on where to stay night before Miami departure. Not to high priced and transportation to port. Thanks

My crystal ball will not tell me what you think "Not too high priced" would be and what time of year.

A $75 hotel in August can be $300+ in February.

Totally agree, Intercontinental is ideally located, safe with plenty of dining options within walking distance.

We like this one too, although we've been fine at other downtown hotels. It has a great location. Shop around for deals--don't pay the list price.

We stayed downtown at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami and had a great stay. I found it particularly hard time finding any hotels in Miami except maybe the ones by the airport that offered transportation to the port. But honestly, the hotels downtown are very close and maybe a 5 minute taxi ride. There are plenty of taxis close by waiting to pick people up and there is a mall called Bayside across the street with shopping, a starbucks, and a few restaurants within easy walking distance. I would highly recommend this place to stay. I think we paid maybe $180/night? I'm sure you should get it cheaper but it was the weekend of the Miami marathon and I knew I wanted that hotel and everything was booking incredibly fast so I didn't play games.

We've done Holiday inn at least 3 times now and we will next trip. We have never had issues and love Bayside the night before. We get dinner, listen to music (live) and grab a drink. Wake up early to watch the ship coming into port to get you. Only problem is, once you see the ship, waiting is impossible! But it's a great feeling.

OP is not returning. :o

Since he/she is looking for a "not to high" hotel and transportation, I have a feeling the IC might not be in the budget if cruising in the winter.

Usually get the IC through lastminutetravel for 197.00 in Feb. I think that is great price for that time of yr. You can get the IC for much less on off season.