Miami Car Rental options with free shuttle

pamrose228

The situation is a complicated. I am flying into PBI and need a rental car for two days, then driving down to Miami for a 5 day cruise and would like to return car and be shuttled to POM. After the cruise I need to rent a car for 2 days, and hopefully they have a shuttle to pick up at the POM. I then will return the car to FLL. What would you say is the best way I accomplish this. Thanks

If you rent from Alamo, Thrifty, or Dollar, they have a shuttle from the Miami airport facility to and from the ships at Port of Miami. Just do a one way rental for your pre-cruise and another one way for your post cruise.

National at the MIA airport also offers free POM shuttles.

Hertz in donwtown Miami offers free POM shuttles but is often overwhelmed with cruise passengers.

The shuttle situation with Avis, Budget and others in downtown (very near POM) is somewhat confused :confused: -- some recent reports that they do offer shuttles. If you get a good deal with a downtown location a taxi to/from POM will only run about $13+tip.

National at the MIA airport also offers free POM shuttles.

Hertz in donwtown Miami offers free POM shuttles but is often overwhelmed with cruise passengers.

The shuttle situation with Avis, Budget and others in downtown (very near POM) is somewhat confused :confused: -- some recent reports that they do offer shuttles. If you get a good deal with a downtown location a taxi to/from POM will only run about $13+tip.

When I out in pick up location for Budget, it says POM shuttle. I'm going to call to confirm.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Forums mobile app

UPDATE: All three car rental companies that have a shuttle to the POM from the airport are ridiculously high...one would cost me after tax cost to $300 for two days, the other two $200 plus. This is with discounts. So I made a reservation for Budget on the trip to the port and yes I called them up and they assured me they have a free shuttle. There hours are limited so that is why folks might not be able to get them. The two days with tax will be $106.

Get this, after the cruise I got a two day rental from Advantage for $18/day. for a full-size car....total cost with tax for the two days $60. I have to take a cab to the Airport but for that cheap rate I don't care.

Will keep on checking to see if I can get anything better.

• 2 weeks later...

I found a good price for our rental through Alamo with a pick up at the Intercontinental and returning to the West Palm Beach Airport. I know the IC is a brief cab ride from the port. Does anyone have any experience with picking up a rental at the IC post cruise?

I found a good price for our rental through Alamo with a pick up at the Intercontinental and returning to the West Palm Beach Airport. I know the IC is a brief cab ride from the port. Does anyone have any experience with picking up a rental at the IC post cruise?

Since I Did The last post I also got a Alamo rental from MIA for under $20 day. Includes pu from POM.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Forums mobile app

• 1 month later...

Bumping this up for an amazing rate I found for a car rental weekend of 10/3-10/6, thru Priceline (not a pre buy, pay at counter. Cars are going for $10/day, I got a full size for $14/day, total $41. Picking up at PBI dropping off at their port of Miami office (confirmed they had a shuttle).

Priceline also offered insurance for $9 a day,for total collusion. I like to be safe.This needs to be prepaid.

The following weekend i still have the Alama rental since rates seemed to have gone up.