Anyone used Allianz travel insurance

luv2gonow

Hi,

Thinking of getting insurance not thru NCL.

Anyone have experience with this company?

Looking for basic travel insurance.

I have never purchased before but for a 2wk

Land/sea trip in Europe this July j am considering it.

Thanks

Kerri

I purchase Global Allianz travel insurance (trip interruption/cancellation) through my Mastercard. I pay an annual fee of about $90 and it covers any trip that I pay for with my Mastercard. I recently had to cancel a cruise one week before departure due to the death of my mother and my claim was settled and paid in full with no problems within a couple of weeks. I recommend them and will continue to use them.

Yes, used them just last month. Had a claim of a few hundred dollars (medical), they paid every penny of the claim I submitted, took about two weeks.

P.S. For an out of US trip I usually make sure there's really good coverage for medevac, not just off the ship but to get home if required. These costs can be very high indeed. I met someone on a Mediterranean cruise who didn't know Medicare didn't cover their foreign travel !

Edited by pspercy

Used them for a trip to Disney. Got stuck there for four extra days due to Hurricane Sandy. They covered everything and we got the checks quickly. Highly recommended them

Our TA uses this company and we have purchased it for every trip we have taken over the past 4 years. Fortunately, we only had to use it once, when coming home, weather delayed the first leg of our flight and we missed our connection. The insurance paid for our overnight stay and we got our money back a few weeks after making the claim.

Edited by bjtravelnews

• 4 weeks later...

I recently spoke w an Allianz agent & was told that extrication from a cruise ship would be covered if done by water ambulance...she couldn't answer if extrication were by some other method (I.e., a country's equivalent to the U.S. Coast Guard). Anyone know?

I bought a very basic policy from Allianz when I did a solo land tour of Madagascar (2014). My driver (w me in the front pax seat) had a head-on w a truck on the way to the Tana airport for my departing flight. I phoned them & they answered immediately & told me the process (I would pay for all then be reimbursed). Thankfully, I didn't have to file a claim (long story), but was curious about specific claims' in/exclusions...

• 2 weeks later...

We bought Allianz for our cruise last May and my husband needed to see the ship doctor (first time we've ever had to do that). We paid for the visit and kept the receipt, thinking that is what we would need to file the claim when we got home. I wish I had read all the insurance information completely before leaving (or at least on our cruise). I didn't realize we needed a letter from the ship doctor, along with the receipt, when submitting the claim. So, I never filed it- thankfully the visit was less than $200 and we just chalked it up to part of our vacation expenses. Lesson learned....Just passing along the info. Make sure to read the policy info in case you do have to file a claim (we never plan to!)

• 1 month later...

We were in Europe four weeks in 2011, and bought Allianz coverage for the trip -- not a cruise, so I cannot speak to that. But when our rental car was damaged to the tune of about 1300 euros, Allianz payment was prompt, no hassles for us. We did have AAA batting for us (bought through them), which may have helped of course.

• 4 weeks later...

I just purchased Allianze Insurance for our transatlantic from Barcelona to Ft. Lauderdale. I compared CNS, Travelguard, & Allianze. The covered items is comparable and paid about $430 for two of us including prepaid charges for hotel, excursion, air etc. That included $500,000 medical evacuation. We are both 80 so the rate is high but might be worth it. Travelguard is also good and we could upgrade medical evacuation to $1m for another $100.00. Not sure worst case I called MedJet to inquire about costs to be airlifted to a hospital or home. The average cost was under $250,000 so I thought $500K would be sufficient. Travelguard will add about $200 more if you want pre-existing and didn't get it within the 14 day period of initial deposit.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

We used them for our Disney Cruise. Our carry-on wheels were damaged during Disney transport. After the trip I requested a letter from Disney, they needed to state they wouldn't cover damages. Then Allianz paid us $100 with no problem. Came in handy and great for peace of mind.

• 5 weeks later...

Gosh, I'm reading all these positive responses. I submitted all forms December 26 and still waiting. It was for stitches...hmm. I emailed this morning, they replied I will be receiving a statement in mail. Hopefully, it's a cheque because I sent the bill, receipt, dr letter, credit card statement etc.

• 2 weeks later...
Got my cheque. 6 weeks. Less the antibiotics which they say I have to submit to my medical?

If for some reason your regular medical won't reimburse for the meds (or pays less than full cost), then try re-submitting to travel insurance, with proof of denial.

Good luck.