1 day/night post cruise in FLL

Airfare is much cheaper for us to leave a day later, so we are extending our vacation! We are staying at the Springhill Suites in Dania pre-cruise, but think we may enjoy something on 17th (?) street for the day we debark and overnight.

We'd prefer a Marriot brand, or Hyatt (have points for those). There are 5 of us. Other plusses are breakfast, nearby family style restaurants, and something fun to do for the day with 3 boys. Looking for Feb 21, 2009.

Thanks!

the renaissance isnt bad....lots of stuff within walking distance..i just think that it isn't really a 4-star hotel....maybe 3., i think they are renovating though.

for the same points, i would probably do the courtyard at the beach. still things around...plus the beach is across the street and you can still hop the sun trolley.

we stayed at the CY and although i had a few issues, the manager took care of them. i think i have a review and photos on trip advisor...(cruisermeg is my name over there!)

I have learned from other boards that you can get a great rate at Hyatt Place on 17th St. through Valuetrips dot com. There is both a Hyatt Place and the Hyatt Pier 66 on 17th St., the latter is east of the big bridge so it's further from the things you mentioned. I agree that the Marriott Courtyard on the beach is a good choice also.

The boys might like to go to Boomers in Dania, or just to spend the day on the beach.

Archived