Port Canaveral/cocoa Beach Hotels & Transportation-please Help...

nae418

Hello everyone:

I, along with 22 family members & friends are planning a Cruise on the "Glory".

We are looking for a nice 3 to 4 star hotel in great location that is walking distance to a beach, a shopping(CVS? Winn Dixie?) and dining area. All of us won't have a rent-a-car and some family and friends are senior citizens.

Has anyone stayed in Cocoa Beach or Port Canaveral that could share any

hotel or transportation information?

We need the hotel to have a NICE bathroom and a comfortable clean bed.

We also will need shuttle service to Port Canaveral, can anyone recommend

a good reliable shuttle service?

Also, I read somewhere (can't find info) that there's a local beach trolley

that travelers use to get around on. Anyone heard or used this trolley?

Most of the teenagers would like to be near a fast food restuarant also

within walking distance of the hotel.

If anyone can provide any information, we would appreciate it.

Thank you and Happy Sailing.

Nae

Everything you could possibly want to know the people on this thread can tell you.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=436720&page=217

There is a Days Inn right across from the pier at the beach in Cocoa Beach, make sure you book the beach one. Other hotels, but this one is right across from the main beach, runs about $99 last time I saw, but that might just be for the cruise special price. $10 more for a balcony.

I know its not a 3 or 4 star, but it is across from the beach. Some of the so called beach hotels in Port Canaveral, Iv heard some complaints about, read up on the hotel on trip advisor before you book.

We stayed at the Radisson in Port Canaveral, but you are not close to the beach, but you can watch the ships come in.

Residence inn by marriot offers single suites and suites with 2 bedrooms and 2 full baths, this place was wonderful, new and clean. Great breakfast as well as complimentary transport to the pier.

MAC

When I booked the Residence Inn, I asked for the phone number for Coco Beach Shuttle.We are flying in the day before but wont get to Orlando until 11:00 p.m.. Coco Beach Shuttle is picking us up at the airport, taking us to Residence Inn, picking us up the next day at 11:00 a.m. to take us to port and then coming back after the cruise and taking us back to the airport. There are (6) of us traveling. All for the low, low price of $200. We had to pay extra for the after hour pick up. But if you mention CC you get a 10% discount and everything is taken care of.

I hope this helps:D

When I booked the Residence Inn, I asked for the phone number for Coco Beach Shuttle.We are flying in the day before but wont get to Orlando until 11:00 p.m.. Coco Beach Shuttle is picking us up at the airport, taking us to Residence Inn, picking us up the next day at 11:00 a.m. to take us to port and then coming back after the cruise and taking us back to the airport. There are (6) of us traveling. All for the low, low price of $200. We had to pay extra for the after hour pick up. But if you mention CC you get a 10% discount and everything is taken care of.

I hope this helps:D

Thats a advantage of Ramada Inn, the free shuttle to the port. they have their own shuttle.

Archived