costa neoriviera

cruisefanatic16

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
booked :) can't wait to see some pics for the interiors and feedback :)

Med departing from malta & visiting Salerno Trapani Touloun Livorno Savona Olbia & Propriano

if you have any info kindly post

thanks

When to start sailing? Ours will be Sept.1, 2014.

I´m just back from the neoRiviera! Food was absolutely great! Go to the food seminars (although the translation might be a bit...). There were seminars about olive oil, wine, Italian sweets and food conservation - all included a tasteing. This is for the first five cruises only (so far).

You will find photos on our website (see link in signature) but the blog is in German (not sure about the automatic google translation). My DH did blog the last 11 days.

steamboats

We didn´t had a real rough sea. The neoRiviera has two stabilizers. But of course with a little wind and waves you can feel some movement. But it never felt bad (and I know what "bad" can be - I had 13 m high waves and heavy wind after hurricane Earl in 2010).

You will find lots of pix of the cruise here. Try out the US flag for a google translation (at least you might get the sense of the text - or laugh...). More are coming but my DH is off for the next four days.

steamboats

We didn´t had a real rough sea. The neoRiviera has two stabilizers. But of course with a little wind and waves you can feel some movement. But it never felt bad (and I know what "bad" can be - I had 13 m high waves and heavy wind after hurricane Earl in 2010).

You will find lots of pix of the cruise here. Try out the US flag for a google translation (at least you might get the sense of the text - or laugh...). More are coming but my DH is off for the next four days.

steamboats

Thanks for the photos & write-up, particularly about the ship. Hope to know more of the stateroom, entertainment & services, among others.

louiskam,

There will be a full gallery including cabin photos (several cabin types) plus 10 panoramic shots. But as for now my DH is too busy to upload them.

If you do have any questions please go ahead!

steamboats

From its deck plan, it seems the center section stairs/lifts can't get to the pool/buffet deck 11. Was it the case?

hi steamboats where the neoriviera dock in toulon? pls

The neoRiviera docks at La Seyne-sur-mer which is opposite of Toulon. Costa did offer a boat shuttle at 10 am for 19.95 Euro p.P. (two times to go back). If you walk along the water to the right there´s a water bus (6 Euro all day ticket). Must be app. 15 min walking. The ticket is valid for all public transport in Toulon including the cable car up to Mount Feron. The water bus runs app. every 30 min.

steamboats

From its deck plan, it seems the center section stairs/lifts can't get to the pool/buffet deck 11. Was it the case?

Yes, the center staircase does end at deck 10. Use the center stairs going down to the Cetara main restaurant on deck 5 (you can´t access from the forward staircase). Use the aft staircase for the Vernazza buffet on deck 11.

steamboats

The neoRiviera docks at La Seyne-sur-mer which is opposite of Toulon. Costa did offer a boat shuttle at 10 am for 19.95 Euro p.P. (two times to go back). If you walk along the water to the right there´s a water bus (6 Euro all day ticket). Must be app. 15 min walking. The ticket is valid for all public transport in Toulon including the cable car up to Mount Feron. The water bus runs app. every 30 min.

steamboats

thanks for your help steamboats :)

Yes, the center staircase does end at deck 10. Use the center stairs going down to the Cetara main restaurant on deck 5 (you can´t access from the forward staircase). Use the aft staircase for the Vernazza buffet on deck 11.

steamboats

This is valuable info particularly to those with mobility issue. What was your cabin category & are the inside & outside ones basically all the same sizes?

Louis,

We had a Premium Outside on deck 9 (9101) with two pullman beds. We didn´t see any of the balcony cabins on deck 10 but only an aft balcony which was slightly larger. We also could see an handicapped inside which was of course larger than a regular inside. Regular cabins (inside, outside - doesn´t matter whether Classic or Premium) are basically of the same size (app. 14 sqm incl. bathroom).

steamboats

Louis,

We had a Premium Outside on deck 9 (9101) with two pullman beds. We didn´t see any of the balcony cabins on deck 10 but only an aft balcony which was slightly larger. We also could see an handicapped inside which was of course larger than a regular inside. Regular cabins (inside, outside - doesn't matter whether Classic or Premium) are basically of the same size (app. 14 sqm incl. bathroom).

steamboats

Thanks for the info, Steamboats.

DH made a time lapse video of entering the Grand Harbor of Malta onboard the Costa neoRiviera. Check

. I woke up at 6 am and saw the lights on the coastline and thought I have plenty of time. So I took a shower and dressed up. 20 min later we were already in the harbor. It´s always a great experience coming into one of the most beautiful harbors of the world.

steamboats

DH made a time lapse video of entering the Grand Harbor of Malta onboard the Costa neoRiviera. Check
. I woke up at 6 am and saw the lights on the coastline and thought I have plenty of time. So I took a shower and dressed up. 20 min later we were already in the harbor. It´s always a great experience coming into one of the most beautiful harbors of the world.

steamboats

That is one of the valid reasons to be in an outside room. Haha...

Edited by louiskam