Dancing with the Stars Fall 2014 Gowns and more

KandCsailing

Hi. Decided today was a good time to start up a fresh thread for the new season since the pros were announced today on Good Morning America.

Three newbies join the season 19 pro ranks: Artem Chigvintsev, Keoikantse “Keo” Motsepe, and Allison Holk.

The "Stars" will be annouced on Sept. 4th and I still haven't heard if Len is returning as a judge. Max is not dancing, so maybe he might be judging like he hinted last season.

List of season 19 pros below:

Mark Ballas

Cheryl Burke

Witney Carson

Artem Chigvintsev

Val Chmerkovskiy

Tony Dovolani

Allison Holker

Derek Hough

Emma Slater

Karina Smirnoff

Keoikantse Motsepe

Peta Murgatroyd

Interesting about Allison Holker -- I didn't know she even had ballroom experience (other than dances she was required to do on SYTYCD). She does happen to be one of my all-time favorite dancers from that show, so it will be great to see her on DWTS.

Have a great time in Alaska Jo!

I'll be back on Aug 31 from our cruise, so I'll get to see the stars announced.

I've tried 2 days in a row to subscribe to my own thread and can't do it on Mom's laptop. I have to remember to try on mine tonight.

I was just reading that Artem Chigvintsev has won the original British version Strictly Come Dancing in 2010 and placed second last fall.

Could also be interesting that he and Carrie Ann dated for 2 years in 2006-08 while he was going through a divorce.

From what was said on GMA, Len will be gone part of this season. They will have guest judges in when he is gone.

Oh, goody -- Guest judges! :rolleyes: Who usually know nothing about ballroom dancing.

Why can't they get people with actual ballroom knowledge and/or credentials for their guest judge spots? I would love to see someone like Tony Meredith or Melanie LaPatin (or any other established ballroom expert) fill those seats.

Any spectulation on who some of the stars might be?

Sometimes there are rumors or leaks prior to the official announcement - has anyone heard anything?

Hi Donna:)...I bet GOOGLE would be your friend;)..there are leaks

every year, you are right......if you google it I bet something will pop

up.

Any spectulation on who some of the stars might be?

Sometimes there are rumors or leaks prior to the official announcement - has anyone heard anything?

I found:

James Storm "the Cowboy", a professional wrestler for TNA

Kandi Burruss, Real Housewives of Atlanta

Kyle Richards, Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Vicki Gunvalson and Tamra Barney, Real Housewives of Orange County

Tim Howard and Landon Donovan, Pro soccer players

Andi Dorfman , the Bachelorette

The soccer players are the only ones I would be interested in watching.

I found:

James Storm "the Cowboy", a professional wrestler for TNA

Kandi Burruss, Real Housewives of Atlanta

Kyle Richards, Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Vicki Gunvalson and Tamra Barney, Real Housewives of Orange County

Tim Howard and Landon Donovan, Pro soccer players

Andi Dorfman , the Bachelorette

The soccer players are the only ones I would be interested in watching.

Good morning....I didn't watch last year.....well, maybe for 2 minutes

if I was channel surfing....but I never watched a full episode the entire

season......and this year? I won't even watch the 2 minutes...omg,

they are down to finding the people from "The Housewive series":eek::rolleyes:

I was sort of waiting to see who was going to be on but now, I know

they have lost me as a viewr.

Rumor around my circle of friends that a 2014 Winter Paralympics Silver medalist will participate…

As for Vicki G from RHOC, bad enough that she gives women in the OC a bad name, we have to listen to her "woohoo" on DWTS, too??? She's an extremely klutzy person - should be interesting…

Full disclosure: I do watch RHOC - I went to school and church with some of the original cast members - it's like watching a car wreck - I know I shouldn't stop and stare, but I just can't help it ;-)

Edited by slidergirl

Good morning....I didn't watch last year.....well, maybe for 2 minutes

if I was channel surfing....but I never watched a full episode the entire

season......and this year? I won't even watch the 2 minutes...omg,

they are down to finding the people from "The Housewive series":eek::rolleyes:

I was sort of waiting to see who was going to be on but now, I know

they have lost me as a viewr.

There was a lot of speculation that turned out not to be true last year too .. I figure out of all the "real" housewives they will only choose one and perhaps one Soccer star (Lets hope it is Donovan ) .. there will be even more speculation in the next few weeks. I thought last year was one of the better seasons in a long time. In particular the Para Olympic snow boarder .. was amazing and Derek showed his real genius in being able to choreograph complex routines that she accomplished amazingly well. Time will tell, but I wouldn't write it off too soon :)

So Julianne will be judging her brother as well as her ex-partner. Carrie Ann will be judging her ex-boyfriend. (Yes, I know that technically the judges are judging the "stars", but still ...)

Whatever credibility this show still has is circling the drain.

Edited by elycelynne

From my point of view... Well OK, not dancing with the stars POV but....

In the competitions I do I hate when a coach and judge we use is judging us... They know all the imperfections we have and they score us much harder than someone who has not worked with us.... It is much harder to empress someone who knows you.....just my 2 cents...

Lois.. for a few years I also stopped watching this show, then for some reason I started to watch it last season... For me it was one of the best dancing on this show I have seen in years, so you never know... For me the prior season affected me deeply and motivated me to work much harder to achieve what I know I am capable of and tap into my emotions of what I can give to dance, what it can give back to me.... (Ok sappy part of post over)

Regarding Allison as SYTUCD... Actually she started her dancing early on as a young child in ballroom dance and then moved on to contemporary.... Do not discount her ability to access ballroom dancing... Often you will find dancers that move from one type of dance to another. Just my personal opinion but I think she will bring a lot to the judges table...

On the comp circut, Len has been judging at the comps in the states lately... So I understand why he may be missing... Lately I often see Len as a judge. He is a well respected judge, less the drama you see on DWTS... In competition they just give out a placement score with no conversation at all.... In fact a competitor is prohibited from having any conversation with a judge at all....

I am looking forward to the show. LOL, I cant believe I am saying this but I will miss Max. I will be on a wonderful 3 week cruise as the show begins, but oh poor me, I will take a greek cruise over this show.....I have been waiting for this cruise for over a year and it is almost here... Yippie

• 2 weeks later...

Got back from our cruise on Sunday and...I'm sick with a killer cold. :(

At least I will have good tv to look forward to soon.

Here's a preview of some of the stars. I think the rest are announced tomorrow on GMA.

The latest batch of celebs set to compete in season 19 of Dancing With the Stars include Mean Girls' Jonathan Bennett, Back To the Future actress Lea Thompson, YouTube star Bethany Mota and The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air's Alfonso Ribeiro, Us Weekly can confirm.

The four additions join previously reported contestants Janel Parrish (Pretty Little Liars), Olympian Lolo Jones, and soap opera hunk Antonio Sabato Jr.

Thanks Kerri - I haven't heard about any of those names yet so it's news to me. Can't wait to get the final list - with partners. I'm most excited so far about Alfonso - LOVE him, he's so funny.

Hope you feel better soon. I always catch a cold on a cruise, never fails.

I was just reading that Artem Chigvintsev has won the original British version Strictly Come Dancing in 2010 and placed second last fall.

Could also be interesting that he and Carrie Ann dated for 2 years in 2006-08 while he was going through a divorce.

Artem has been having a relationship with the actress he won SCD with - Kara Tointon- but they seem to have split up this year. He is very serious, drives the celebs really hard and is sooooo strict with them. I didn't particularly like him over here and never voted for him, although Kara was a great dancer.