Costa shifts fleet....

CruiseAdict218

In recent weeks Costa Cruises has seen "significant positive booking trends" in Europe, and the line is shifting capacity to Dubai/United Arab Emirates and the Mediterranean for winter 2012-13.

The company will increase capacity in the U.A.E. by positioning a second ship in the region. From Nov. 17, 2012, Costa Classica, originally scheduled to sail in the Mediterranean, will join Costa Atlantica, offering weeklong cruises from Dubai to ports in the Emirates and Oman.

Additionally, capacity in the Mediterranean for winter 2012-13 will be increased by replacing Costa Classica (1,680 total guests) with Costa Magica (3,470 total guests). Starting Nov. 18, 2012, Costa Magica will offer 12-day cruises in the eastern Mediterranean calling at Greece, Israel and Turkey, and 11-day cruises to Portugal and Morocco in the western Mediterranean.

Costa Magica had been scheduled to deploy with four other Costa ships in South America. Even with the deployment realignment, Costa will offer the twin flagships Costa Favolosa and Costa Fascinosa along with Costa Serena and Costa Fortuna, representing a capacity increase of 13 percent on its popular South American itineraries.

Guests booked on Costa Magica in South America will be accommodated on a similar itinerary on one of the other four Costa ships.

http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/7359-costa-cruises-shifting-in-winter-20122013.html

• 2 weeks later...
I'm disappointed they are not moving more or newer ships to North America--the Caribbean or New England.

Why did they pull the Atlantica from NA/the Caribbean/NE?

i would imagine it is becuase costa has more experience with europeans (and increasinly asians). look at the reviews - a lot of americans do not want to adjust to a european way of doing things. they want everything to be just like 'at home'. it upsets people that the food is different, that announcements are made in several languages and not everyone speaks english as their 1st language. as a traveller, i say if you want it to be like home, stay home.

i enjoy costa's differences. i feel like i have travelled when i get off the cruise because everything is NOT like 'at home'. having only sailed with costa in the med, middle east and SE asia it will be interesting to see what a caribbean cruise with them is like (not looking forward to the toga party, though).

i would imagine it is becuase costa has more experience with europeans (and increasinly asians). Look at the reviews - a lot of americans do not want to adjust to a european way of doing things. They want everything to be just like 'at home'. It upsets people that the food is different, that announcements are made in several languages and not everyone speaks english as their 1st language. As a traveller, i say if you want it to be like home, stay home.

I enjoy costa's differences. I feel like i have travelled when i get off the cruise because everything is not like 'at home'. Having only sailed with costa in the med, middle east and se asia it will be interesting to see what a caribbean cruise with them is like (not looking forward to the toga party, though).

<3 <3 <3 <3

• 2 weeks later...

Archived