Gift card not here in time for payment

Joebucks

So I found a gift card for 10% off. The problem is that it is not here in time for the final payment on my account which is due tonight. It should be here later this week though. What are the odds Carnival will extend my date? What are my options?

Call Carnival and ask for an extension. I've read posts here on this board that Carnival will extend final payment due date by a few days if you ask. I don't think I'd mention the gift card dilemma. Just tell them your check has unexpectantly been delayed a few days (or some other good reason).

Call Carnival and ask for an extension. I've read posts here on this board that Carnival will extend final payment due date by a few days if you ask. I don't think I'd mention the gift card dilemma. Just tell them your check has unexpectantly been delayed a few days (or some other good reason).

I agree with this poster. Otherwise use it to fund your S&S account.

Generally your PVP can mediate an extension which is usually for 3 days.

Just a heads up there is a thread here about fraudulent gift cards from resellers. The system accepts the payment then 2-7 days later Carnival contacts you that the card was later denied, asking you to call (the # on your booking confirmation) with a new payment method . You could risk losing your booking if after getting the extension the if the card(s) turn out to be NG. So if you have another method to pay off the cruise use it, saving the card(s) for a less critical payment such as excursions or beverage packages.

The ones from reward programs are not a problem, so it is much easier to list the legit discounted and reward point purchased companies Verizon, AARP, AllState, Citibank, and Thank-You Rewards.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Forums mobile app

Some of the gift cards marketed by 3rd party companies are available at 10% off of face value.

$90 for $100

$450 for $500

Yes I know this, but the OP is alluding to 10% off the cruise, which I never heard of I funded my Cheers with AARP cards.

Yes I know this, but the OP is alluding to 10% off the cruise, which I never heard of I funded my Cheers with AARP cards.

I'll bet dollars to donuts they are referring to one of the gift cards purchased at 10% off face value like the ones from AARP/Verizon.

10% off is a solid discount. If OP can't use it to pay for the cruise, they should just pay off cruise but NOT pay for anything else pre-cruise that does not need to be paid for and just apply the gift card to their S&S account as mentioned elsewhere in the thread; after asking for a courtesy extension.

Not what OP alluded to at all.
I beg to differ. The OP was clearly stating that they "found" a gift card for 10% off. Gift cards are not "coupons" which would give you 10% off of anything, they are simply a cash-equivalent means of tender. They purchased (i.e., found) a gift card at a 10% discount.

So I found a gift card for 10% off. The problem is that it is not here in time for the final payment on my account which is due tonight. It should be here later this week though. What are the odds Carnival will extend my date? What are my options?

But if you pay for your entire cruise (like most who use the gift cards, including myself do) then you're getting 10% off your cruise, basically.

But if you pay for your entire cruise (like most who use the gift cards, including myself do) then you're getting 10% off your cruise, basically.

While that is true (I do so myself), the poster I was replying to seemed to indicate that they believed that the OP was talking about some sort of card that automatically gave them 10% off on a cruise, not that they purchased a gift card for 10% off. Subtle, I know, but it is a difference.

Thanks for the replies. I had purchased this from AARP for 10% off. As it turns out, my account was set to autopay, and already charged my card. Carnival said no problem, we can change payments.

10% off of what, you are not being specific, what did you purchase from AARP?

Thanks for the replies. I had purchased this from AARP for 10% off. As it turns out, my account was set to autopay, and already charged my card. Carnival said no problem, we can change payments.

Whoa Nelly! I didn't know this. Just today I received four $100 gift cards purchased through AARP. My February cruise is already paid in full on credit card. I was going to hold the gift cards for S&S, but now I'm thinking I should just call and use them toward the price of the cruise and credit $400 back to the credit card. Also less risk of misplacing them between now and February.