Azamara Quest vs Windstar - Greek Islands

SoCalDean

My wife and I are planning a 7-day cruise in the Greek Islands for June 2017 (first visit). The Azamara Quest and Windstar offer cruises with four similar ports, but some different. Both ships have generally positive reviews. Surprisingly I have not found head-to-head comparisons in this board. Can anyone comment on theses two options? Some issues, for example, are that the Azamara is substantially larger, although still considered a small cruise line. Is it too large for a Greek Island cruise (it tenders at three ports)? On the other hand, my wife is concerned about sea-sickness on the Windstar. What is the motion like on the Windstar, assuming reasonable weather, compared to the Quest? While the Windstar is a smaller ship, it seems that the staterooms and bathrooms are slightly larger than on the Quest. Is this correct? The Cruise Critic review ranks the food quality better on the Windstar than on the Quest. Do people feel that there is any substantial difference in the food quality? We are in our 60's but are active adults. One review said that Azamara passengers are mostly "seniors". Is there is likely to be big age difference in the passengers between the ships for a similar Greek Island cruise? Any comments would be appreciated.

. . . We are in our 60's but are active adults. . . .

I left only the important part of your post.

Azamara is the way to go. Cabins will be twice as large. Food will be better. Both lines will tender at the same places. Tendering on either one is not like tendering on the mass market lines. It is pretty painless. Ride will be better on Azamara, though typically the MEd is pretty smooth unless a storm blows through.

Edited by zqvol

The cabin on Wind Star are 188 sq ft compared to Azamara at 165sq ft unless you go to the top level cabins which are larger

If your wife is worried about sea sickness may a land trip would be better

even the R ships you will feel the motion if the seas conditions are right

Edited by LHT28