Upgrade query from a newbie

bwindi

I have a cruise booked on the Journey in June 2018. I currently have an obstructed OV cabin and after reading about them on this forum, I have looked into moving to an OV. The Azamara website shows this to be a difference of approx. £400 per cabin. I contacted my TA this morning to see if I could upgrade and pay the difference. The TA on speaking to Azamara stated that I could do this but the cost would be £2500. This would mean paying approx. 9k for an OV - I must admit i'm a bit stunned :o Just wondering if this was correct and what other's experience has been.

I have a cruise booked on the Journey in June 2018. I currently have an obstructed OV cabin and after reading about them on this forum, I have looked into moving to an OV. The Azamara website shows this to be a difference of approx. £400 per cabin. I contacted my TA this morning to see if I could upgrade and pay the difference. The TA on speaking to Azamara stated that I could do this but the cost would be £2500. This would mean paying approx. 9k for an OV - I must admit i'm a bit stunned :o Just wondering if this was correct and what other's experience has been.

Being so far away, you should be able to cancel your current booking and re book the OV with no penalty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

£9k is the price of a verandah. You are in an 08 and if you wanted an 06 - OV on deck 4, the difference is £220. Has your travel agent thought you wanted a verandah? If you cancel, as suggested, you will lose your deposit, so I don't think that is an option. Ask travel agent to double check. Good luck

I didn't realise you would lose your deposit this far out - apologies.

If the price difference really is as little as you say, I can't understand why your TA can't provision the upgrade at that rate. Very strange indeed.

I'm afraid it seems to be trait of the UK market, we have had similar responses from Azamara in the past. Once on trying to move from a V3 balcony to a N2 suite we were quoted about £5000 per cabin more than the suite was actually being offered on the website.

After a lot of hard work our TA got to a more reasonable cost, but we still ended up paying more than we would have with a new booking.

Must admit it does seem ridiculous to offer the price you've been quoted when to cancel and rebook would be £900.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I didn't realise you would lose your deposit this far out - apologies.

If the price difference really is as little as you say, I can't understand why your TA can't provision the upgrade at that rate. Very strange indeed.

In the U.K. as the OP is travel agents don't do that kind of thing.

I moved from a V3 to a V2 once on a b2b to make it easier. The cabin opened up. It was going to cost something ridiculous to change, even though the website price was $60 difference. It seems they roll everything back without any applicable deals on the booking. I didn't understand it. I sorted out very satisfactorily via the Miami office.

Phil