Caribbean Christmas QM2

DG12345

I am just wondering if any of you have ever been on the voyage above? I'm looking at a 12 day trip, beginning and ending in NYC for 2018. I'd imagine the ship is very special at Christmas and New Year?

The price at the moment is around £2500 for an obstructed balcony on deck 8, with $1150 onboard credit. The 'Welcome home' booklet with the extension of the on board booking benefits has worked a treat with me, so congratulations to Cunard Marketing for this one!! I'm of the opinion that it's a good price especially considering it includes air travel.

We have done the sailing a couple of years ago and are booked for this years. The ship is all decked out...pardon the pun and New Years eve is fantastic.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Though a few years ago, and prior to the re-mastering, we had a wonderful Christmas on Queen Mary 2.

Here's a link to my review...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2013/09/25/queen-mary-2-caribbean-christmas/

9722635921_a485746735_z.jpg

We were also on the Christmas trans Atlantic in December (post re-mastering) so you can get a feel for what to expect from that revue, here is the link...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2017/01/02/queen-mary-2-remastered-trans-atlantic/

31377153050_f4d2a205e2_z.jpg

We did this trip in 2009, two things I would mention, the weather that year just before Christmas was terrible on both sides of the Atlantic. We had 2 nights in New York before the cruise, some of those who flew in the day before spent the night at the airport, some of those due to fly the day of departure didn't make it at all. I would consider going early if you can.

We had originally booked the New York return trip but a few months before sailing Cunard made us an offer we couldn't refuse and we stayed on for the return TA back to Southampton.

Have a great trip, it's a wonderful way to spend Christmas and New Year.

It's very festive. The big tree in the atrium, smaller ones in other lounges. They put a little decoration on each "mailbox" so the hallways look cheery, too. Ordinarily, I don't indulge in door decorations, but for Christmas I bring a small wreath and many passengers have decorations on their doors. Crackers on the table on Christmas Day. Our table popped them, read our jokes, wore our crowns. Father Christmas arrives and parades around the ship and then there's a party for the kiddies and they get some kind of gift. New Years there were balloons and streamers in the dining rooms, party hats and horns waiting at our places.

As ever your replies are very much appreciated. The fact there is an overwhelming consensus that the Christmas Cruise is wonderfully festive really does help to make my mind up and book this. It's a long time away but don't you all think the research prior to the trip is part of the fun?

Thanks again to all.

Though a few years ago, and prior to the re-mastering, we had a wonderful Christmas on Queen Mary 2.

Here's a link to my review...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2013/09/25/queen-mary-2-caribbean-christmas/

9722635921_a485746735_z.jpg

We were also on the Christmas trans Atlantic in December (post re-mastering) so you can get a feel for what to expect from that revue, here is the link...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2017/01/02/queen-mary-2-remastered-trans-atlantic/

31377153050_f4d2a205e2_z.jpg

I've read both reviews and they certainly do give me a feel on what to expect, coupled with some great photographs. Looks like you had the best of times.

We did this trip in 2009, two things I would mention, the weather that year just before Christmas was terrible on both sides of the Atlantic. We had 2 nights in New York before the cruise, some of those who flew in the day before spent the night at the airport, some of those due to fly the day of departure didn't make it at all. I would consider going early if you can.

We had originally booked the New York return trip but a few months before sailing Cunard made us an offer we couldn't refuse and we stayed on for the return TA back to Southampton.

Have a great trip, it's a wonderful way to spend Christmas and New Year.

I have very vague memories of the storm that year on both sides of the Atlantic. I totally agree with your recommendation on going early and after my summer experience I'd love to. However, work commitments mean I'd struggle to make an evening flight from Heathrow the night before which is very frustrating and my biggest worry.

How unexpected to receive a call from Cunard with the offer you mentioned. I bet you arrived home rested and with no jet lag whatsoever!

We were on a crossing in December, 2016 just before the Christmas cruise. As Richard has perfectly shown, the decorations were festive. And we sailed on the Victoria during Christmas/New Years to Hawaii, and the parties were great.

All booked! Thanks for all of your comments (and the suggestions about decorating your stateroom). Seems like everyone who has been on this cruise really did enjoy enjoy it! I've only ever done Transatlantic crossings so it'll be interesting stopping at the various ports. I've also read the New Year's Eve midnight buffet is not to missed?