NCL Dawn Craps Table

prwardii

I was on the Dawn last summer after the refurbishing. The craps table felt had been replaced with what I can only call a sponge. I have a nice light role, which I could not keep on the table (no one could). If you drop a die two feet off the table it would bounce back into your hand.

We are going on the Dawn in two weeks. Anyone know if this felt has been replaced or has it been worn in?

Thanks

I was on the Dawn last summer after the refurbishing. The craps table felt had been replaced with what I can only call a sponge. I have a nice light role, which I could not keep on the table (no one could). If you drop a die two feet off the table it would bounce back into your hand.

We are going on the Dawn in two weeks. Anyone know if this felt has been replaced or has it been worn in?

Thanks

HHHHHEEEEELLLLLLLLLLOOOOO prwardi: Don't know if they replaced the sponge on the craps table, however, don't roll the dice high and have them bounce earlier. The sponge will keep the dice going toward the end of the table.

HHHHHEEEEELLLLLLLLLLOOOOO prwardi: Don't know if they replaced the sponge on the craps table, however, don't roll the dice high and have them bounce earlier. The sponge will keep the dice going toward the end of the table.

Hi, thanks for responding... you would assume the sponge would keep the dice moving towards the end of the table - but it doesn't. Causes the dice to bounce high and off the table.

I am not saying I have a perfect roll, but I have been working on it for 30+ years. I toss 6-8 inches from the wall (with a very light, low toss). Once bounce, hit the wall and drop in an attempt to reduce the dice from randomizing (if this makes sense).

I had to adjust my roll to keep it on the table. It was crazy, everyone tossed dice off. Not just one, but both! Dealers were pretty frustrated as well. It got so I would toss and attempt to hit the base of the wall and have them be bouncing back before hitting the sponge.

Anyone been on the Dawn lately and played craps?

Thanks