Dream dress code question

Tljcruiser

Does anyone know if the Dream 4 night Halloween on the High Seas sailings have the optional formal night? Since they have the halloween costume night I thought that may replace the optional formal. I would be perfectly happy NOT to pack evening wear but my daughter loves "fancy night" and would be disappointed if we did not bring formal attire and others were wearing it. Thanks in advance for responses.

There is no formal night on short cruises. They do list one night as "Dress up, optional" but you won't see anyone going formal on that night. A few families will dress up for portraits. Most people stick to cruise casual or less. Costume night overlaps with a cruise casual night typically--basically it is dress in a costume if you wish.

Does anyone know if the Dream 4 night Halloween on the High Seas sailings have the optional formal night? Since they have the halloween costume night I thought that may replace the optional formal. I would be perfectly happy NOT to pack evening wear but my daughter loves "fancy night" and would be disappointed if we did not bring formal attire and others were wearing it. Thanks in advance for responses.

It was recently reported on another board I frequent that the Halloween activities on the 4 night cruise are in the late afternoon (4:45) on day 2 for the children's activities and late night (10:30) for the adult party. Dinner and show time (early evening) is "Dress Up Optional".

Whether you dress up (in costume or otherwise) for any of these events is entirely up to you.

That's an interesting change.

On our 2014 cruise (4 night Halloween cruise) all the Halloween stuff (same times) was scheduled for night 3 (Pirate night) before and after the Pirate night activities..

But, due to weather forecasts, Pirate night was moved to night 2. All the Halloween stuff stayed on night 3. And they put the Optional Dress Up night on the last night.

• 3 weeks later...

We were just on the 3 night Dream cruise in July. Dress up night was a nice pair of jeans and an under armor golf shirt. The wife wore a nice summer dress and I think we were the most overdressed people there. We are doing the 4 night Dream in 3 weeks, and I intend to wear the same . I did wash them so I'm not a total slob !

Thanks to all who responded. I am not a veteran of the shorter cruises did not know what to expect. Now the only thing we have to worry about is getting derailed by a hurricane!

I've done many cruises during "hurricane season," two of which were impacted by a hurricane. First, that's what travel insurance is for. Secondly, DCL is not going to risk their ships or the safety of their passengers and crew.

In one case, we went to a new and different port and enjoyed our stop while it gave the captain time to see which way the storm would move and to do as much of the rest of the cruise as possible. Yes, there were some very upset guests, but those who could "go with the flow" had a great trip. Our second was not as pleasant; our 7 day cruise became a 4 day out of Ft. Lauderdale. This was necessary as Port Canaveral was closed due to the storm. Yes, DCL gave us an appropriate refund for the missed days and did provide the transportation from WDW or MCO at no cost. We could also have canceled for a full refund. Bottom line, DCL doesn't control the weather and stuff happens. But they will treat you fairly and they will keep you safe.

I too have cruised multiple times during hurricane season with only one trip affected. I am not at all worried about my safety or the awesome customer service provided by Disney I am concerned about missing my cruise entirely due to a storm....not likely to happen and not anything I will lose sleep over but sure would be disappointed :( if it did happen. Insurance or not an 8 year old would be pretty sad to not be getting on a ship come October 9! We were on the shortened Fantasy sailing last October due to hurricane Matthew. Disney was more than fair with credits and while we certainly did not let it ruin our time, we had a great trip, but we would have much preferred our original 7 day eastern itinerary to our shortened 6 day western cruise. The days leading up to the cruise were stressful as well not knowing if we were going or what would happen, which pales in comparison to the stress of folks living in the affected area I know. If I remember correctly some of the shorter cruises out of FLA were cancelled. That would stink! We are also headed to the park for the weekend prior and after our cruise and would like to not have a rain drenched Not So Scary Halloween party! Keeping fingers crossed for a calm hurricane season this year. Hopefully Harvey and Irma will be the end of it! (yn)

we were on the disney dream during hurricane sandy...only our sea day and last night were affected....with very high winds and a lot of rocking and rolling...but we still had lots of fun...

my only mistake was waiting until the sea day to try out the aquaduck...

the deck and the aquaduck were closed due to high winds...

i should have tried it out earlier!!

so on the Dream last week, we made sure to get on the aquaduck on both nassau and castaway cay days....rode it about 14 times on this cruise....so i guess that makes up for not trying it the time before..

by the way, after that cruise, i vowed i would never get on the dream again - feeling that she was way too unstable....we really really rocked and rolled during sandy....actually we were very unstable throughout that cruise....

but since my daughter really wanted to try her out, i gave in and sailed her again last weekend...

and now i realize it really was sandy that was the problem...without a hurricane she sails very smoothly....a real pleasure...

Storms will make any ship rock and roll. It use to be the bigger the ship the more stable the ride, but with latest mega ships like RCCL's they have become big square City blocks with lots of sail area to catch the winds.

Thankfully DCL is still making ocean liner style ships that do better in rougher seas as long as the caption can keep the bow pointed into the wind.

I have been on the Dream twice. The last day and night on the 4 night cruise is a lot not comfortable then the 3 night, since the Capitan had the time to keep the bow into the seas and winds.

On the 3 night we had winds and seas out of the south west, so the entire ride back to PC had the beam (side of the ship) so she was rolling. Which put me right to sleep, but some guests were getting a little green.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Great tip Alaska_planner. We will hit the aquaduck early! We really enjoyed it on our Fantasy cruise.

nassau day, the sign claimed the aquaduck line was 45 minutes, but we checked our watches...

it was actually only about 25 minutes....not bad..

on the morning of castaway cay day, there wasn't a line....you had to run up those stairs with no rest time at all...

the stairs became the hardest part......except for getting up at the end!!! :eek:

Storms will make any ship rock and roll. It use to be the bigger the ship the more stable the ride, but with latest mega ships like RCCL's they have become big square City blocks with lots of sail area to catch the winds.

Thankfully DCL is still making ocean liner style ships that do better in rougher seas as long as the caption can keep the bow pointed into the wind.

I have been on the Dream twice. The last day and night on the 4 night cruise is a lot not comfortable then the 3 night, since the Capitan had the time to keep the bow into the seas and winds.

On the 3 night we had winds and seas out of the south west, so the entire ride back to PC had the beam (side of the ship) so she was rolling. Which put me right to sleep, but some guests were getting a little green.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

yes, the sail effect is enormous....on the hurricane sandy cruise, i was up in concierge - so i guess i felt that side to side movement even more...

I've done many cruises during "hurricane season' date='" two of which were impacted by a hurricane. First, that's what travel insurance is for. Secondly, DCL is not going to risk their ships or the safety of their passengers and crew.

In one case, we went to a new and different port and enjoyed our stop while it gave the captain time to see which way the storm would move and to do as much of the rest of the cruise as possible. Yes, there were some very upset guests, but those who could "go with the flow" had a great trip. Our second was not as pleasant; our 7 day cruise became a 4 day out of Ft. Lauderdale. This was necessary as Port Canaveral was closed due to the storm. Yes, DCL gave us an appropriate refund for the missed days and did provide the transportation from WDW or MCO at no cost. We could also have canceled for a full refund. Bottom line, DCL doesn't control the weather and stuff happens. But they will treat you fairly and they will keep you safe.[/quote']

Greatly appreciate this post. Thank you for some insight on how DCL handles hurricanes and rescheduling. We don't set sail until Sept. 11 (our very first cruise!), but we still have to travel to Florida this weekend. My fingers are crossed that Irma misses us, or at the very least, grazes us. 🙏🏼

Greatly appreciate this post. Thank you for some insight on how DCL handles hurricanes and rescheduling. We don't set sail until Sept. 11 (our very first cruise!), but we still have to travel to Florida this weekend. My fingers are crossed that Irma misses us, or at the very least, grazes us. 🙏🏼

We were at WDW the week before the cruise. The parks were closed when the weather got bad, and we spent 2 days locked in our hotel room. They ran 6 loops of movies (2 little kids, 2 teens, 2 adult), and kept us updated with phone messages. We were in Animal Kingdom till the announced closure just before the hurricane. We were warned to get in food, etc. before the lock down. The hotels that had a large central lobby had parties and food in the lobby--Beach Club did hot dog roasts for 25 cents per dog!