Flights

denn1

Please let us know what the outcome is. The only discussion I had about flights was when I had been quoted a flight from Heathrow, when our voyage personaliser went live it had changed to Gatwick. Our TA sorted it out.

We have been told there are only the flights to paris then on to birmingham that are available so looks like we are going to paris Au reviore

I may be wrong but I do not think there are flights from LHR to BHX any more - hence the routing through Paris (or other European airport).

In the "old days" I took a helicopter from BHX!

I recently took a Cunard-arranged flight from JFK to Manchester, and then caught a train to Birmingham (changing in Manchester Piccadilly).. I was in Birmingham by 10 am. This only works if your luggage is reasonably manageable, as apart from getting on/off trains there is a fair walk to the station at Manchester airport.

I recently took a Cunard-arranged flight from JFK to Manchester, and then caught a train to Birmingham (changing in Manchester Piccadilly).. I was in Birmingham by 10 am. This only works if your luggage is reasonably manageable, as apart from getting on/off trains there is a fair walk to the station at Manchester airport.

I think that is a good option.:) http://www.crosscountrytrains.co.uk

But the flights Wikipedia quote are via Amsterdam and other Europe airports.....e.g. Paris.

The flight times quoted are e.g. 3 plus hours....longer than driving from LHR to BHX.:confused:

Sorry, I meant "according to Wikipedia, there are no scheduled flights between LHR and BHX." Or any London airport and BHX, for that matter.

Personally, I would avoid Paris Charles de Gaulle if at all possible: my least favourite international airport. If you have to connect through CDG make sure you have plenty of time. Changing terminals, even from one part of terminal 2 to another can be very slow. Look carefully at the airport maps and understand exactly where you have to go and how. They can be found on http://www.parisaeroport.fr/docs/default-source/passager-fichiers/acces/ligne-grise-circuit-correspondance-cdg.jpg?sfvrsn=0. The shuttle buses around terminal 2 run in only one direction. Although it's never actually happened to me, I have witnessed many people missing connections because of the bus system used around terminal 2. I have had some close calls!

Don't panic, but be well prepared.