Question on Pregreso PIER

Cruisit

My question isn't on the port itself but the actual pier. When you get off the ship, what do you see? I've heard there are some shops. My question (and the most important one) is there a BAR???

Also, if you are doing an excursion through the cruise line (I'm talking Carnival) do they pick you up near where the ship docks or the end of the miles long pier?

ANY info and any details would be greatly appreciated as I'm trying to get a picture of this place to know what to expect!

Soon I sort of answered my own question by using satellite images on google maps. If anyone else ever wants to know this info here it is!

There are some bars, two I found: Bull Frogs and Mr. Sol. Mr. Sol seems to be a bar set amongst the shops. Bull Frogs seems to right off the gates to the ships. There is a pool, tiki bar feel, and also a 'wading' type pool! Oh, and 3 coronas for $5!

Yes there are a couple of bars located on the pier. I remember the one with the pool got pretty wild last time we were there. There are a lot of stores selling all you can imagine. If you are doing a tour through Carnival, then you will board your bus there at the pier, they park near the end of the shops. After your excursion, they will also drop you off there.

We actually enjoy shopping on the pier. Haven't noticed much difference in the prices between there and in town and the vendors aren't as pushy. My next cruise will be my 8th or 9th time to Progreso and we are only getting off the ship to shop a little on the pier then getting back onboard to enjoy the less crowded ship.

• 1 month later...
We actually enjoy shopping on the pier. Haven't noticed much difference in the prices between there and in town and the vendors aren't as pushy. My next cruise will be my 8th or 9th time to Progreso and we are only getting off the ship to shop a little on the pier then getting back onboard to enjoy the less crowded ship.

Thank you, that is exactly what we were wanting to do, get off the ship, shop see the beach and get back on the boat. Is it pretty easy to do that? Do I understand correctly that they will bus/shuttle you off the pier (for free), then will they drop you off right there at the shopping/beach or will they take you in town? I have been researching the heck out of this and the TA I have gone to said a couple of times there you can't see a beach unless you take an excursion. Google maps seems to show otherwise, but you are one of the first I have found to agree with Google maps.....Any info you can share about that is much appreciated!

Thank you, that is exactly what we were wanting to do, get off the ship, shop see the beach and get back on the boat. Is it pretty easy to do that? Do I understand correctly that they will bus/shuttle you off the pier (for free), then will they drop you off right there at the shopping/beach or will they take you in town? I have been researching the heck out of this and the TA I have gone to said a couple of times there you can't see a beach unless you take an excursion. Google maps seems to show otherwise, but you are one of the first I have found to agree with Google maps.....Any info you can share about that is much appreciated!

This is where they drop you off.

76424c7076141bde430edafda8698b74.jpg

Edited by Saint Greg

• 4 weeks later...

The beach is about a block in a half from where they drop you off. If you are facing town the Corona Beach party is to your right of the pier and restaurants etc are to the left. You can sit in any of the chairs and tables on the beach and they will wait on you from the restaurants across the street. Be advised vendors will hound you to death. None are pushy that I have seen. A polite no and they walk away. There will be one right behind them for sure and another and another. They are trying to make some money and no one can blame them but I would like to relax and not have people approach me all day. Everyone is different on their views on this.