Weather in Athens in February

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Greece Ports
Athens, Corfu, Crete, Katakolon, Limassol, Mykonos, Rhodes, Santorini, Volos
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 09:01 PM.
19 Posts
Joined Mar 2011
Hello all,

We are contemplating an Eastern Mediterranean cruise next February. I was curious, we start our cruise in Barcelona and will do a 14 day cruise encompassing, Ephesus, Turkey, Athens, Egypt, Sicily, Mallorca, etc. What will the weather be like during that time of year at these locations?

We will be coming from the Midwest so looking for a warm vacation, if possible. I understand the weather is NEVER predictable, but with this time frame in mind, what type of season is February?

Thank you and take care!
U.K.
1,832 Posts
Joined Jun 2009
Well, the temperature in Mallorca's unlikely to go above 60 degrees and could be much lower. February is frankly not the time to go to the Med if you're looking for warm weather.
20,227 Posts
Joined Mar 2005
Check out a site like this one: http://www.wunderground.com/

You can see average and past actual temperatures for just about any destination.

As stated, February isn't a time you can count on warm weather at many places you list (except Egypt, which will be warm); however, you may get lucky and have decent temps.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Wherever the wind takes me I travel as a visitor. (Horace)
19 Posts
Joined Mar 2011
Originally posted by cruisemom42
Check out a site like this one: http://www.wunderground.com/

You can see average and past actual temperatures for just about any destination.

As stated, February isn't a time you can count on warm weather at many places you list (except Egypt, which will be warm); however, you may get lucky and have decent temps.
Thanks for the info everyone! Will it rain or snow in February? Is it the rainy season or simply just winter? I'm seriously hesitating because of the winter weather, but we will be coming from 0-20 degree temps in Fahrenheit! So 35-50 isn't so bad... I would like to get a sun tan, and hope Egypt is better.
Vancouver, BC
1,282 Posts
Joined Jun 2010
Originally posted by BeachBum6923
Thanks for the info everyone! Will it rain or snow in February? Is it the rainy season or simply just winter? I'm seriously hesitating because of the winter weather, but we will be coming from 0-20 degree temps in Fahrenheit! So 35-50 isn't so bad... I would like to get a sun tan, and hope Egypt is better.
I strongly advise that you reconsider Feb and elect May or June. Cruising the Med in Feb is cheap for a reason. You'll get a nicer tan in May.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
2010 - Oceania, Insignia - Lisbon to Rome (12 days)
2008 - NCL, Norwegian Star, Vancouver to Seattle (3 days)
2007 - NCL, Norwegian Pearl, Cruise to No Where (3 days)
2004 - Royal Caribbean, Voyager of the Seas, Alaska (7 days)
85,887 Posts
Joined Jul 2000
To me the best times to cruise the Med are April and October. The weather is not hot and humid as you have in the summer but nicer than say January and February plus you have far less crowds than in the summer.

In February you will have some chilly weather in several of these ports and a greater chance of rain.

Keith