Progresso shuttle drop off location

Progreso is not hard to navigate. As you come in from the ship you will see the main beach over to your left when you get to town. You will continue on 4 or 5 blocks past there and the bus will turn into the bus terminal. It's an easy walk back to the beach if that's what you want to do. There are also taxis available near by.

I think you may have answered my question, but I want to make sure. I have never been on a cruise, but I am planning on one in Sept of 2017. I have been on Google Maps and thought that when you got off the boat in Progreso, there was a beach to the left with chairs and umbrellas. I talked to a TA yesterday and was told I would have to take an excursion to see any beach on Progreso. So my question is, can I just get off the boat, and sit at the beach to the left?

I think you may have answered my question, but I want to make sure. I have never been on a cruise, but I am planning on one in Sept of 2017. I have been on Google Maps and thought that when you got off the boat in Progreso, there was a beach to the left with chairs and umbrellas. I talked to a TA yesterday and was told I would have to take an excursion to see any beach on Progreso. So my question is, can I just get off the boat, and sit at the beach to the left?

The pier is about 7 miles long. If you want to visit the beach, take the bus to town and then you will have a 5 block walk to the beach.

AutoProgreso bus company runs free shuttles to and from the ship and shore all day long. They don't cost anything. You may also take a cab from the ship to the shore, yes, if you don't want the free shuttle which means listening to a sales pitch for their tours, but is otherwise harmless.

Where does the shuttle drop you off coming from the ship? I keep reading "in town", but trying to get my bearings straight before going off to explore.

The autoprogreso bus station is easy to find with a search on google maps or google earth. That's where they dropped us in 2014. In 2015 and this year they dropped us off at this location which is 3-4 blocks from the bus station, but easy to find your way back to due to the nearby mosk you can see from blocks away.

76424c7076141bde430edafda8698b74.jpg

Edited by Saint Greg