Phil Laf tour Too much $$ ???

ggg

Was wondering if I'm paying to much for Phil Laf tour of the falls and river tubing. He's charging us 55$ for adults and 45$ for kids. Is there another way to go to save a few $$. thank you:confused:

I think you will find he is including the admission fees for Dunn's and for the tubing. I believe Dunn’s Falls is $15.00/person and Tubing is $20.00/person.

The best way to find out is to contact him. Someone posted his email on another thread.

I think you will find he is including the admission fees for Dunn's and for the tubing. I believe Dunn’s Falls is $15.00/person and Tubing is $20.00/person.

The best way to find out is to contact him. Someone posted his email on another thread.

We're going with Phil soon too. He's only making 15-20.00 per person(very reasonable in my opinion), the rest covers your admission to the falls and the services of the people who take you tubing.

Phil charges $55 but that includes admission to the falls, tubing, a tour of Ocho Rios and a great Jamaican jerk BBQ lunch. The great thing is he picks you up at the dock and gets you to the falls before the huge crowds arrive. As we were leaving the falls all the tours from the cruise ships were arriving - what a ZOO!!!! I would definitely book through Phil!

Is Jamaican jerk BBQ spicy?

Is it like Cajun?

Are there other items on the menu?

We're booked with Phil and are wondering what Jamaican jerk is?

Thanks.

I didn't think lunch was included in the price, he may take you to a restaurant but I believe you pay yourself and can thus order whatever you like. I'd like to know for sure though too.

Took the tour with Phil in December. $55 does indeed cover the fee for tubing and for admission to the falls. Phil ends up getting $20 pp from you at the end of the tour. He is absolutely worth every penny and then some.

I am certain that you will be back on the boards after your Jamaican tour with "Uncle Phil" telling everyone else that he is "phantastic, phenomenal, Phil" just like all of us who have had the opportunity to take his personal tour.

We did not stop anywhere for lunch but I'm certain that if anyone wanted to he would have worked it out. He is very genuine and made sure that every person on his tour was taken care of. He dropped us off to shop at Margaritaville while he returned others to their cruise ship (they were departing earlier) then came back and waited for us and returned us to the pier when we were ready to go.

We went with Phil in October. The lunch is extra. I had never had jerk chicken before. I expected it to be spicy hot, but it wasn't. It was really good. Phil is worth every penny and more. He was so great. First time we ever liked Jamaica and can't wait to go back. Here is a pictutre of Phil serving lunch to part of our group. We had a combo plate with chicken, pork and ribs, festival bread and Red Stripe beer or soft drinks. No problem, mon.

1640108772_jerklunch.jpg.dda540a0cc9575756296aa116097ede8.jpg

Phil's prices are a real bargain. We were on his tour in Aug. and yes, that price includes the admission to the falls and the cost of tubing. when looking at other prices such as $15-20 for another tour, that is usually the cost of the tour not including admission and other fees, so the price is actually similar.

Phil's tour was wonderful and we LOVED the tubing. It was the highlight! Phil's customer service is outstanding. Can't recommend his tour more highly!

Bring alot of smaller type bills, $5-10's because he has you pay the admissions yourself as you go the the various places, and don't forget the tips for the guides and the falls and for tubing.

We just returned from the NCL Jewel cruise, and had a WONDERFUL experience with Phil.

A truly enthusiastic, caring, funny, entertaining, and informed tour guide, Phil takes extremely good care of each "family of friends."

The bus is clean and comfortable. Phil watches over everyone, answers your questions, gives you advice, teaches you about Jamaica, drives you all over, sings to you, and just makes the whole experience a fantastic one.

I hate food that is spicey. The Jamaican lunch was inexpensive and superb.

As pointed out previously, admission to Dunns River Falls is $15 pp; tubing is $20 pp; Phil makes $20 for the superb work he does as a tour guide.

Please bring extra cash for tipping river guides. (One REALLY took care of me.)

And, PLEASE don't forget to tip Phil. What a super guy!

Archived