Thinking of doing Anthem

We are thinking of doing Anthem in June 2016. We already did the Quantum and loved it. Should we book now or wait till we are on board the Granduer in September. We will need 2 rooms as it will be 5 of us. What types of OBC or deals could we get on board.

Thanks for your help

Booking on board you get reduced deposit and some OBC. The OBC varies depending on level of cabin and length of cruise that you book.

The risk is that the price of the cruise you are interested in may go up between now and when you book on board.

The on board credit deals aren't very good and aren't a reason to wait to book on your trip. The main reason to book on the ship is for the reduced deposit, which can be good for people who like to book multiple vacations or just don't want to part with $250/person that far in advance. I think it's something like $50 to book an inside (with $50 obc), $100 to book a balcony (with $100 OBC). This deal gets better the more people you usually book in your room. A family of 4 who usually would pay $1,000 to reserve a trip can pay only $50 or $100 instead.

I'm not disagreeing with anything anyone's said, but I just don't get the point of reduced deposit.

It's reduced, not less, as in, you still pay the same amount for the cruise.

Having said that, I'm from the UK and once I pay a deposit, reduced or otherwise, I'm locked in. I use it or lose it.

if you like the price, book now. Sure the deposit is reduced, and you get some small OBC, but you can always re-book on Grandeur and cancel the first booking. But you run a big risk of the cost of the cruise going up. Example, a few years ago I booked a cruise and we had friends who wanted to book. But they were going on Allure about a month later and decided to wait to book onboard. By the time they sailed, the cruise had gone up $500 per person. Bottom line, we cruised without them. So keep that in mind.

• 1 month later...

I have just sailed on the Anthem of The Seas in June for the sunshine in the canaries cruise and i would recommend it to any first time sailer!! i would definitely recommend you to pick Anthem!!!

if it's any help to you i have filmed a few videos in order to answer maybe some questions any first time 'Anthem' cruisers may have. I still have a lot to upload however firstly i have a video of my first impressions of the Anthem of The Seas boat and as we walk on at first i have walked around the boat and filmed while we were departing from Southampton. You can find this video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fow6XgW9DIU

Maybe you could watch and help make up your mind.

I have also filmed our experience of the Bionic Bar which was excellent!! You can have a look at this here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OE7JS9SGbU

I just know that before i left for my cruise i wanted as much information as i possibly could and found videos very helpful- i filmed pretty much every part of our cruise experience so if there is anything u would like to see please comment on one of my videos and let me know and i will upload in order to help.

Happy Cruising!!

I'd consider booking now. We just booked for Summer 2016. Rooms are going faster than I thought they would at this time. We got wait listed for Dynamic Dining Classic, which I would have liked, so it looks like we will have to make reservations a la regular Dynamic Dining. I loved Quantum so I expect to like Anthem too. Prices have gone up since I booked on Monday!