Sunsets and Sunrises

xenagurl

A big thanks to xenagurl for starting this thread and everyone else too for posting their pictures in it...they are all wonderful to see!

You might get an idea from my username and avatar that seeing sunrises and sunsets is something that I really enjoy! :D

Thanks again to everyone for sharing your wonderful images!

Edited by Red-Sol

A big thanks to xenagurl for starting this thread and everyone else to for posting their pictures in it...they are all wonderful to see!

You might get an idea from my username and avatar that seeing sunrises and sunsets is something that I really enjoy! :D

Thanks again to everyone for sharing your wonderful images!

And thank you and everyone else that has shared, liked the thread idea and are enjoying viewing. I love happy threads where everyone can share the things that make cruising, traveling and living special.

... @mking8288 Can you try uploading again. For some reason your photos aren't showing and I'd love to see them! ...

Okay, here you go - let's try again with a different desktop browser, if necessary. (If you get any error message from Dropbox, please post or PM so that I can look into it - DB admin. sometimes block/restrict access to our files b/c of excessive traffic as they are in fear of spams)

Bermuda - 2007

DSCF0015.JPG

Maui, Hawaii - at 9,100 ft. almost at the Summit (parking area wasn't crowded, about 15 or 20 minutes before sunset) - about 1 hour drive from the Pride of America Pier. Dress very warmly for it, it's cold up there !!

DSC00233E.JPG

Maui's sunset beauty, from same original photo but slightly better resolution

DSC00243E.JPG

Fading sun above the clouds (hovering between 4,500 ft. and 7,000 ft.)

DSC00248E.JPG

Two bonus ones as screensavers - NCL Star, Sept. 2008 - while cruising the Inner Passage, Alaska

DSCP132E.jpg

DSCP137.JPG

Okay, here you go - let's try again with a different desktop browser, if necessary. (If you get any error message from Dropbox, please post or PM so that I can look into it - DB admin. sometimes block/restrict access to our files b/c of excessive traffic as they are in fear of spams)

DSCP132E.jpg

DSCP137.JPG

Hi mking8288 I think that that might be the restriction you're running into. There are no error message and I'm not sure about anyone else seeing, but for me on a PC using Firefox I see the text but no links, on a PC using IE I see the text and red 'x' boxes where the images should be and on a Mac using Firefox the same as on a PC with Firefox. I've not tried using Chrome or Safari.

FYI...I'm using Chrome and I can see everyone's photos. :)

Thanks. I will try Chrome. :)

Great thread!

Everyone is adding so much to it and making it wonderful! It's my little pick-me-up during the day. :)

I would love to add a picture but I am having problems making it fit. Any advice? Says that I have to reduce my message by 80,000 characters. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

Hmm I've never run into that with an image before. Do you have a photo editor like Photoshop? I'd try reducing the file size and then see what it says. If you have a link to where it can be downloaded I'll do it for you.

Hi mking8288 I think that that might be the restriction you're running into. There are no error message and I'm not sure about anyone else seeing, but for me on a PC using Firefox I see the text but no links, on a PC using IE I see the text and red 'x' boxes where the images should be and on a Mac using Firefox the same as on a PC with Firefox. I've not tried using Chrome or Safari.

Hi xenagurl,

Are you behind a firewall of some type? I can view all of the photos using Chrome, Firefox, and IE on a PC. The only thing I can think of is some type of security settings that are blocking the images for you...although I couldn't even guess what/where those might be.

Hi xenagurl,

Are you behind a firewall of some type? I can view all of the photos using Chrome, Firefox, and IE on a PC. The only thing I can think of is some type of security settings that are blocking the images for you...although I couldn't even guess what/where those might be.

I am right now as I'm on site at work today, but when I use my own computer at home I've had the same issue. Thanks for letting me know. I'll look into it some more when I get back home.

There are no error message and I'm not sure about anyone else seeing, but for me on a PC using Firefox I see the text but no links, on a PC using IE I see the text and red 'x' boxes where the images should be and on a Mac using Firefox the same as on a PC with Firefox. I've not tried using Chrome or Safari.

Hello, everything else checked out just fine on my end and I'm doing a reply now on Linux Mint 13, a different platform again just to be sure - I know that when I run Tapatalk on Androids for both smartphones & tablets, pictures do not show up & there are formatting issues (could that be it on your end ??) but not if you are on a desktop browser. I generally used the latest Firefox on PC's (MS Windows - Vista, Win7 & Windows 8 depending on where I'm logged in) and also used the iPad earlier (iOS 7.x) with Dolphin Browser and all the pictures are showing up (including mine)

Dropbox, where I keep a variety of files for Cloud storage and some for access in the #Public folder, is working fine - "no" notices of blocked files and/or access or spam being reported. Seemed like others are seeing the images I'm linking/uploading.

All of the cruise reviews, PDF file links and pix, etc. being used for CC are 95% hosted on Dropbox, I only setup some newer ones on Google Drive as it has bigger capacity under a dedicated account. Using Firefox browser under Linux but I don't believe it has any bearings on file access at all.

Using resources at the office could be an issue, as the corporate firewalls and security apps (anti-virus) might be blocking your access to certain Cloud storage, including Dropbox.

If you still cannot access & see my linked files, let's try something else - can you access MS's OneDrive or files shared via Google Docs (or whatever that's called)

I would love to add a picture but I am having problems making it fit. Any advice? Says that I have to reduce my message by 80,000 characters. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

There is a limit on the size of the attachments if you are using that feature.

If you are using the Insert Image, try to condense the image to 1024 by 800 or 1280 by 800 as it will use less space and fit on the monitor screen. First, you need to have those files on a Cloud server/URL link that you can access, edit and manage, i.e. MS's OneDrive or Google's Drive, etc. - both are free and included for end users - only take a modest amount of time to learn to manage & use it.

I think it might be on your end. I can see all the photos, both times he posted them and also "Trip's" photos. I am on a PC with WIN7 and IE 11.

Edited by peg013