Port of Long Beach

cclark2011

Taking my very first cruise to Baja, Mexico at the end of this month. It's just a quick weekend cruise, not sure how I feel about being on a boat so I figured I'd start out with a short trip.

Anyways, I was wondering if any of you could recommend a hotel near the port of long beach that will let me park my car while I'm on the cruise? Thank you!

Taking my very first cruise to Baja, Mexico at the end of this month. It's just a quick weekend cruise, not sure how I feel about being on a boat so I figured I'd start out with a short trip.

Anyways, I was wondering if any of you could recommend a hotel near the port of long beach that will let me park my car while I'm on the cruise? Thank you!

Does your cruise leave from Long Beach or San Pedro?

If you are on a Princess cruise you are leaving from San Pedro, not Long Beach.

San Pedro Hotels:

Economy: Sunrise Hotel*

Medium Priced: Crown Plaza*

Medium Priced: DoubleTree

*These hotels are within walking distance to the waterfront, restaurants and the ship.

The Double Tree is a little out of the way south of the port area.

All hotels provide shuttles to the pier.

Believe all hotels provide parking with an overnight stay. Check with them.

Departure port is definitely San Pedro. Good thing you posted here otherwise you would have gone to the wrong port.

Hotels are as listed above.

Have a great cruise on a wonderful ship!

Wait! I don't think Princess has any short cargo Ensenada at the end of April. I think the OP is on the wrong board, you need to find the Carnival board...

Edited by Working 2 Cruise

I am taking from this thread that this was moved here from the Princess board...

But it also does sound, from the timing, that the OP is actually on a Carnival cruise....

So, Long Beach would be correct...

It also appears that the OP has posted on the Hotel Maya thread--sounds like they have booked the Maya--which would be a good choice here...

I just did a quick scan of the Princess board and it appears this thread was originally there. And there are a couple of Princess coastal cruises still left for this month (before the ships head up to the Northwest).

If the OP does say in Long Beach, he/she would definitely have to make sure they go to the Port of LA in San Pedro if going on a Princess cruise.

Just looked at the OP's info at the upper right. Lives in Long Beach so apparently he/she is looking for a place to park the car during the cruise.

This is what I recommend:

1) If going on Carnival, see if a nearby friend can drop you off at the Carnival berth.

2) Park in the parking lot at the port.

3) Take a taxi or land transportation (Execucar, Karmel, etc.) to pick you up at home and take you to the port and then pick you up after the cruise.

If going on Princess (or another cruiseline), which will mean going a little farther to the World Cruise Center, do one of the options above, except go to the WCC in San Pedro. The fee for parking there is $12 (so cheaper than the Carnival port's parking), and it's a big lot so plenty of parking that's within walking distance of the port. You can drop off the others in your party with your luggage and have them wait while you park the car. Then walk up (or there may be a little shuttle cart) to the berth.

If you have somebody dropping you off, I believe they can do so without paying (under an hour's time).

Where or where is the OP to answer the questions

I'm still wondering why the OP needs a hotel to park car during cruise. Why not just park in the lot there. This is the case whether going from either port. (and which cruiseline is the OP going on == which would determine which port).

Check out this http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1977985

Use the code at Hotel Maya , as one person said the p41 carnival rate includes parking, and is a great deal. Love the Hotel Maya. Close to port, queen mary and free shuttles over to Shoreline Village.