Anthem balcony cabins deck 6 question

Hi all,

I'm looking for a little help with booking a DO cabin on deck 6. I have read in several reviews that the cabins are alternate layouts along each side with every other one having the bed by the balcony and the ones in between having the bed by the bathroom. I would really like to book a cabin with the bed by the bathroom but cannot seem to find out which numbers these cabins are. Can anyone who has been on Anthem or even Quantum on deck 6 six please let me know their room number and what layout they had. I would be really grateful.

Thanks.

Hi all,

I'm looking for a little help with booking a DO cabin on deck 6. I have read in several reviews that the cabins are alternate layouts along each side with every other one having the bed by the balcony and the ones in between having the bed by the bathroom. I would really like to book a cabin with the bed by the bathroom but cannot seem to find out which numbers these cabins are. Can anyone who has been on Anthem or even Quantum on deck 6 six please let me know their room number and what layout they had. I would be really grateful.

Thanks.

We had 6290 on Quantum. The bed was by the bathroom. I like it this way too!

We will be on the Anthem starting June 13, we have 2 cabins DO category -obstructed view - 6616 and 6618. - I will be happy to report back on these cabins, not sure if these are the configuration you described.

We had 6290 on Quantum. The bed was by the bathroom. I like it this way too!

Thanks Dan, That's very helpful. What was it like as far as position goes, noise/quietness, walk to stairs/elevators etc.?

We had cabin #6210 bed near balcony and our daughters family had #6208 bed near bathroom. We loved the location. No noise. This was on the Quantum in Feb. We are booked in the same area on the Anthem for 2016.

Thank you for this thread and the responses! I'm curious also about these cabins as we have booked 6290 and 6292 for our upcoming Anthem cruises. Specifically, did anyone who has stayed in these cabins experience noise issues as a result of the cabins being located direct above the galley area for Café 270?

Thanks and cheers,

BananaMama

Anyone here been in room 6224? It's a DO but I'm wondering if the lifeboats are in the way. If they are I'm guessing you can't see down but you can see straight out? I'm going on Anthem but I'm sure the rooms are the same for either ship

Thanks Dan, That's very helpful. What was it like as far as position goes, noise/quietness, walk to stairs/elevators etc.?

It had a larger balcony. You could sometimes hear noises from the restaurant below, but it wasn't too bad.

• 3 weeks later...
we are booked on Anthem in March. Has anyone sailed o Quantum and had had room 6622, 6624 and 6620 - how bad is the obstructed view

Looking at the deck plans and photos you're going to have the top of the lifeboat right in the middle of your balconies

There are some photos posted of how high the lifeboats come up so you will see out to sea but won't be able to look down

From what I've read the best "obstructed" view balconies are 6160 and 6560 (port and starboard) as they do not have any lifeboat in front or below the balcony but have an obstruction to the left or right (depending which side of ship) but really shouldn't cause a big problem

We're in 12160 in September and booked this as it was furthest back without overhang and we can look directly down to see as lifeboats start a couple of cabins back on deck 5

we are booked on Anthem in March. Has anyone sailed o Quantum and had had room 6622, 6624 and 6620 - how bad is the obstructed view

My brother was in 6620 on anthem. It is right above the smokers area. Not only was smoke a problem but the constant chatter especially early morning. The coughing and hacking was really bad too.

Keep your door closed.

Ps. Just temembered and checked , it was actually 6690 they had. Will leave for future information though.

We had 6660 which we had to move from after a day as it had a constant shudder noise. Really bad. Shame as both these cabins have larger balconies.

Edited by kaseyoz

Looking at the deck plans and photos you're going to have the top of the lifeboat right in the middle of your balconies

There are some photos posted of how high the lifeboats come up so you will see out to sea but won't be able to look down

From what I've read the best "obstructed" view balconies are 6160 and 6560 (port and starboard) as they do not have any lifeboat in front or below the balcony but have an obstruction to the left or right (depending which side of ship) but really shouldn't cause a big problem

We're in 12160 in September and booked this as it was furthest back without overhang and we can look directly down to see as lifeboats start a couple of cabins back on deck 5

Were you looking at the deck plans on the RC site or somewhere else to figure out where the life boats hit the cabins?

Were you looking at the deck plans on the RC site or somewhere else to figure out where the life boats hit the cabins?

Yes a mixture of RC deck plans, actual photos of Anthem and Quantum and some balcony counting from the photos. In addition others who have stayed in 6160 confirmed its view with photos, position and descriptions as well.

Edited by barneymag

Hi thanks for this thread.

We are in cabin 6564 in Sept. on Anthem. Has anyone stayed in this cabin? Pics and any info would be much appreciated.

Mark. :)

Edited by trogmd

Hello everyone, I think page 7 of this particular thread will be very helpful for you (starting at post #123)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2018842&highlight=obstructed&page=7

The link below will open another discussion with an awesome picture of the deck 5 deck plan (with life boat placement) along side the deck 6 deck plan. You can kind of tell from here where perhaps the least obstructed views will be

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=38544087&highlight=all#post38544087

And here's a link of various great photos of what to expect with these D0 cabins.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=44983848&highlight=6160#post44983848

Hello everyone, I think page 7 of this particular thread will be very helpful for you (starting at post #123)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2018842&highlight=obstructed&page=7

The link below will open another discussion with an awesome picture of the deck 5 deck plan (with life boat placement) along side the deck 6 deck plan. You can kind of tell from here where perhaps the least obstructed views will be

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=38544087&highlight=all#post38544087

And here's a link of various great photos of what to expect with these D0 cabins.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=44983848&highlight=6160#post44983848

Thanks for sharing those

• 1 month later...
Thank you for this thread and the responses! I'm curious also about these cabins as we have booked 6290 and 6292 for our upcoming Anthem cruises. Specifically, did anyone who has stayed in these cabins experience noise issues as a result of the cabins being located direct above the galley area for Café 270?

Thanks and cheers,

BananaMama

We stayed in 6292 on our Quantum cruise in April and we could hear strange "whooshing" noises. We are not light sleepers and we are not noise sensitive, but it was noticeable. That being said, we loved the location (there is an entrance door into 270 at the end of the hall). This also gives you quick access to the cafe (awesome for coffee in the AM : ) The bed is near the balcony. We just booked cabin 6160 for Anthem next year !!

Thanks and cheers,

BananaMama

Hi BM66,

We were in Cabin 6296 and yes, the Galley for the Cafe270 is right below this cabin. Every morning at 4:00am they would bring out all the pots and pans necessary to bake and prepare items. It all stopped at 6:00am usually. To make matters worst, there is a huge staff elevator bank across the hall. Loads of noise! The third day I checked in with guest services and they talked to the cooks and it did get a little better, but they still need to do their job. They sent us a bottle of wine, but did not offer to move us. Normally I would never book a cabin just above, or below a public area, but this was a last minute upgrade.

Can't imagine that a cabin two doors down would be much better?? We lived with it for 14 nights, but I would never book anything in this area in the future. Floors 7 and 8 would be much better if you can move up!!!

By the way, our bed was next to the sliding door for the balcony.

Enjoy!

Kel:)

Hi Royal Fun. Thank you too for the information in your post. (For some reason, I missed it this morning when I first checked the thread). We are now looking at other DO cabin options.

Congratulations on getting Cabin 6160 for next year's Anthem cruise!! From what I have read, it is one of the best DO cabins! Enjoy the cruise and the cabin and thanks again for posting! :)

Cheers,

BM66

Hi

We got off Anthem a few days ago - cabin 6542 has the bed next to the bathroom & sofa next to the balcony.

We liked this location - didn't experience any outside noise & close, but not too close, to the forward elevators.

Hope this helps

Hi Pooler Girl and Erthdog. Thank you both sharing this info about those 2 cabins. Unfortunately for us, neither one of them is available for our sailing. :( But I'm sure this information will be great help to others and that's what counts. At this point, the best cabin that we can book in this category is 6182. Can anyone report as to whether this cabin is in a quiet location? It appears to be above (or close to) the Schooner Bar so can you hear music/noise late at night from the bar?

Thanks and cheers,

BM66

Hi Pooler Girl and Erthdog. Thank you both sharing this info about those 2 cabins. Unfortunately for us, neither one of them is available for our sailing. :( But I'm sure this information will be great help to others and that's what counts. At this point, the best cabin that we can book in this category is 6182. Can anyone report as to whether this cabin is in a quiet location? It appears to be above (or close to) the Schooner Bar so can you hear music/noise late at night from the bar?

Thanks and cheers,

BM66

I'm curious about 6182 also, I'm in that room next year.