Embarking on the Explorer with a walker....

CeeAngel

Sure hope the title made since:cool: This will be my first cruise using a walker (rollator), and it will be on the Explorer. I know there is a bus to transport you from the terminal to the ship, so my question....we will be staying in a suite so will have priority boarding. Once we check in (my friend does not use any assistance) will there be a separate place that cruisers using wheelchairs, walkers, etc., will wait? AND, do they wait until they have a full H/C transport bus before they begin transferring people needing assistance?

We were thinking of getting to the port around 11:00, and was trying to get an idea of what time we might be boarding the ship. I know there can be different circumstances, so we were looking for a guesstimate from you seasoned cruisers.:)

TIA

The last time we boarded the Explorer and used the transport bus to the terminal, we had to wait in a special spot for a short time until the bus came. The accessible bus had a ramp for walker, wheelchair and scooter boarding. It was easy. They will help you. Just ask where you should stand. We boarded around 11. The next cruise wasn't so fortunate as we sailed home during a hurricane and were 4 hours late into Bayonne. We sat a long time waiting to debark and they waited a very long time to get on the ship.

Judy

Archived