La Bufadora- Help!

maggie27

We did that tour a few years ago. It was an interesting bus ride and you have to walk through a flea market to get up to the sight. The blow hole is interesting for a minute. There are restrooms at the top of the hill, but I needed to go so bad I asked for a bathroom as soon as I got off the bus. I was directed down this little path to this out house looking little shack and charged ten cents. When the lady opened the door there was the cleanest toilet. I was amazed, but the shack was so small, my knees were nearly touched the door. All water has to be trucked into the area so that is why they charged for use of the facility. Once I got to the top of the hill, there was a large restroom facility. It was interesting to do since I had been to Ensenada before vowed never to return. Now that I have seen the blow hole, I would just stay on the ship in Ensenada. That place is a dump.

We took a private tour to the blow hole a couple of years ago. Got off the ship, took a bus into the center of town when they told us we could shop or they had several tours we could chose from. Our group of 12 got a van to ourselves and the driver was fun, told us all about the area. The ride to the blow hole was longer than I thought, maybe 45 minutes? Then when we finally get there it's just water spurting up out of the rocks and a lot of vendors selling stuff you can get anywhere. We went back to town and got a free lunch at a restaurant on the main floor of Papas & Beer. The whole thing was about $20 each including a generous tip for the driver. It was fun, but I would not go again, and in retrospect, we could have had just as much or more fun for free on the ship - it was just a 3 night cruise!

Ensenada is your typical small town, lots of shops and restaurants, not much else. There's a fish market that is interesting, and restaurants in the vicinity where you can get cheap food at picnic benches outdoors-mostly locals there. There's a pool hall a couple blocks east of the main drag with mostly local patrons. We played there several times for something like a dollar an hour per table. We are not great players but didn't feel out of place, beer was cheap too.

There are wineries to tour, but they are not in town. If you are stopping at other ports you will find more to do in Maz, PV, Acapulco, etc.

Archived