Community Contest: Favorite Party Food

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Community Contests

Weekly Contest

Have fun with weekly contests.  Win cool Cruise Critic prizes.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 08:51 PM.
Ewing, NJ
2,488 Posts
Joined Jun 2011
Hey There - Happy Monday

We are gearing up to celebrate Independence Day in the US. For many that means parties, picnics, or barbecues.

Do you have a favorite food or dish that you would say is a staple to these summer time parties?

Me? I love a good old fashioned potato salad served alongside some smoked pulled pork.

Post your response as a reply for a chance to win this week's prizes. A few winners will be selected randomly from all who participate. While all are welcome to participate, At this time we can only ship within the US. I can offer a coupon to our store for those who reside outside of the US. Thanks for understanding.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Jenn
Senior Community Support
Contact Us

Submit your cruise review with photos for a chance to win Cruise Critic Logo gear. A prize is awarded weekly.
pittsburgh
115 Posts
Joined Mar 2015
Gotta have them ribs. Slow smoked with a sauce heavy with garlic,mustard,and brown sugar!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Forums mobile app
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Leo is all Carnival

Glory Aug 2014 W Caribbean
Glory Nov 2013 E Caribbean
Conquest Aug 2011 W Caribbean
Valor Sep 2005 EX W Caribbean
Sensation Sep 1995 W Caribbean

Best Tail Ever
New York
330 Posts
Joined Jan 2013
I love to get out my Smoker and smoke some ribs, pork butt, and for the fish lovers some Salmon.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

RCCL Diamond
Home Lines Oceanic 1981 Nassau/Bermuda
Home Lines Oceanic 1983 Nassau/Bermuda
Home Lines Atlantic 1985 Bermuda
Home Lines Homeric 1987 Bermuda
RCCL Allure of the Seas 06/2012 Western Caribbean
RCCL Jewel of the Seas 12/2012 Western Caribbean
RCCL Serenade of the Seas 6/12/2013 Mediteranean
RCCL Liberty of the Seas 05/06/2015 Bermuda/Caribbean
RCCL Radiance of the Seas 07/04/2016 SB Alaska Cruisetour
Next up
RCCL Jewel of the Seas 04/22/2018 Southern Caribbean
RCCL Freedom of the seas 11/25/18 Southern Caribbean
RCCL Symphony of the Seas 04/20/2019 Western Caribbean
New York
5,640 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
I cook spare ribs in my electric fry pan along with assorted vegetables (corn, carrots, beans, etc.) and always have sides of potatoe salad along with donuts and ice cream (rocky road) for dessert! Yum!

MARAPRINCE
Virginia
3,856 Posts
Joined Apr 2010
Hamburgers, hot dogs, and potato salad with a heaping portion of fireworks for dessert!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

CARNIVAL LIBERTY - September 20 - 27, 2015 (Southern Caribbean: San Juan, St. Thomas, Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, St. Maarten, San Juan); LIBERTY 2015 REVIEW: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2275573
CARNIVAL LIBERTY - April 5 - 12, 2014 (Western Caribbean: Miami, Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, Grand Cayman...missed port, Miami); LIBERTY 2014 REVIEW: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2039919
CARNIVAL VALOR - May 5 - 12, 2013 (Southern Caribbean: San Juan, St. Thomas, Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, St. Maarten, San Juan); VALOR 2013 REVIEW: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1917645
CARNIVAL GLORY - May 9 - 16, 2010 (Eastern Caribbean: Miami, HMC Bahamas, St. Thomas, San Juan, Grand Turk, Miami)
CARNIVAL MIRACLE - March 12 - 19, 2006 (Western Caribbean: Tampa, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize, Costa Maya, Tampa)
Royal Caribbean Rhapsody of the Seas - January 16 - 23, 2000 (Mexican Riviera: Los Angeles, Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta, Los Angeles)
CARNIVAL FESTIVALE - June 14 - 21, 1992 (Southern Caribbean: San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Dominica, Barbados, Martinique, San Juan)

Southern California
36,618 Posts
Joined Oct 2005
Originally posted by CC Help Jenn
Hey There - Happy Monday

We are gearing up to celebrate Independence Day in the US. For many that means parties, picnics, or barbecues.

Do you have a favorite food or dish that you would say is a staple to these summer time parties?

Me? I love a good old fashioned potato salad served alongside some smoked pulled pork.

Post your response as a reply for a chance to win this week's prizes. A few winners will be selected randomly from all who participate. While all are welcome to participate, At this time we can only ship within the US. I can offer a coupon to our store for those who reside outside of the US. Thanks for understanding.
BBQ - hamburgers, steaks, chicken, and/or hot dogs.
Louisiana
50 Posts
Joined Jun 2017
In the Deep South, a staple to have are deviled eggs or potato salad with all the mayonnaise, mustard, pickle relish, and Tony Chachere's!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Profile Says Everything
pittsburgh
115 Posts
Joined Mar 2015
If I was up in Canada I'd be eating me some poutine

Sent from my SM-N910V using Forums mobile app
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Leo is all Carnival

Glory Aug 2014 W Caribbean
Glory Nov 2013 E Caribbean
Conquest Aug 2011 W Caribbean
Valor Sep 2005 EX W Caribbean
Sensation Sep 1995 W Caribbean

Best Tail Ever
162 Posts
Joined Feb 2004
Macaroni Salad and Potato Salad
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
The "furthest in advance I've ever booked" cruise!
Escape 8/18

Splendor 12/13 Miracle 8/12 Majesty 9/11 Freedom 1/10 Spirit 8/08
Triumph 5/06 Fascination 5/04 Pride 7/03 Festivale 4/89 Carla C 8/84
Cleveland, Ohio
63 Posts
Joined Feb 2007
"One Pot" dinner baked beans. A meal it itself! But goes well,with all the cookout grub!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
7/23/2017 NCL Pearl to Alaska
3/9/2014 NCL Epic
4/7/2007 RCCL Navigator of the Seas
1/2004 Disney Magic
11/2002 Disney 3/4 Wonder btb (cx'led Magic)
12/2000 Princess Dawn
12/1997 Carnival Inspiration
11/1993 Carnival Ecstasy
8/1992 NCL SS Norway
8/1989 Carnival Celebration
130 Posts
Joined Oct 2015
Burgers, sausages, fresh green salad, tomato salad, cucumber salad, potato salad, macaroni salad, corn on the cob. Followed by an assortment of fresh fruit and ice cream...
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature