River cruise woes

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Unregistered, just back from your river cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
River Cruising
Find Others on Your River Cruise! River Cruising Roll Calls
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 12:55 PM.
3,945 Posts
Joined Nov 2001
My wife and I were due to take our first Crystal river cruise this weekend, but alas my wife is too ill to go. We have comprehensive travel insurance, but this cruise included a multitude of discounts, which I hope we'll be able to transfer to another cruise.

As soon as she gets the OK from doctor, we can leave pretty well anytime and there are still some vacancies, so I hope we can do this.

As always we were so looking forward to this trip, so we are distraught.

I'll call Crystal tomorrow.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Tim

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91091&dateline=133010  7011My photos

email

Some cruise reviews
Seabourn Odyssey review - April 2013, with pictures
Azamara Journey All Inclusive Offering -June 2013, with pictures
Azamara Quest - Rome to Venice Sept 13 Pictorial review
Island Princess Panama Canal Transit 2013 Review
Celebrity Reflection Review Feb 1 2014
Seaboun Odyssey Review April 2015
Seabourn Sojourn Review January 2016
Scenic Sapphire - Rhone river cruise July 16
Regent Navigator - Mediterranean June 16
Rhone river cruise Scenic Sapphire
Crystal Symphony Bali-Singapore Feb 17

Vancouver, BC
932 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
Originally posted by English Tim
My wife and I were due to take our first Crystal river cruise this weekend, but alas my wife is too ill to go. We have comprehensive travel insurance, but this cruise included a multitude of discounts, which I hope we'll be able to transfer to another cruise.

As soon as she gets the OK from doctor, we can leave pretty well anytime and there are still some vacancies, so I hope we can do this.

I'm so sorry Tim, wishing your wife a speedy recovery.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Claudia

Florida
3,718 Posts
Joined Jun 2008
Originally posted by English Tim

Tim, get well wishes to her for a speedy and complete recovery.

I expect you'll need a supervisor to try to reinstate discounts, which of course you can't even decide about until you know when she can go. Good luck with it.
11,105 Posts
Joined Aug 2003
Sorry to hear.

Good luck

JC
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Future Cruises
Radiance of the Seas Alaska August 31, 2018
Symphony of the Seas Transatlantic October 28, 20178
4/14/2017 Ovation of the Seas, Singapore, Vietnam, Hong Kong, South Korea, Chana,
9/8/2016 Anthem of the Seas New England and Canada, 5/30/2016 Navigator of the Seas UK to Norway, 11/5/2015 Avalon Visionary Nuremburg to Remich, 2/28/2015 RCI Liberty of the Seas Belize, 2/21/2015 RCI Oasis of the Seas Eastern Caribbean, 10/11/2014 Avalon Luminary, Romania, Bulgaria, Serbia, Hungary and Austria, Cozumel 1/11/214 RCI Oasis of the Seas Eastern Caribbean, 1/27/2013 RCI Freedom of the Seas Eastern Caribbean, 1/2011 Diamond Princess Australia and New Zealand, RCI Mariner of the Seas Mexico 2/2010, RCI Independence of the Seas transatlantic 11/2009, Navigator of the Seas transatlantic 11/2007, RCI Splendour of the Seas Western Caribbean 2/06, HAL Rotterdam VI South America around the Horn 11/2005, RCI Legend of the Seas New Zealand, Tahiti, Hawaii, 3/2003, RCI Adventure of the Seas Southern Caribbean 2/2002, RCI Radiance of the Seas Vancouver to Hawaii 10/2001, Celebrity Millennium Eastern Mediterranean 10/2000, Celebrity Galaxy Southern Caribbean 12/1999, Carnival Sensation Eastern Caribbean 4/1998, RCI Majesty of the Seas Western Caribbean 1/1996
email me at [email protected]
Proud official member of the O crew

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."

C. S. Lewis
3,945 Posts
Joined Nov 2001
Thank you all for your good wishes.

It seems that retaining discounts is a bit of a lottery, so if Rosy recovers quickly and we're able to book a last minute cruise, we may be lucky and get discounts honoured, but by no means guaranteed.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Tim

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91091&dateline=133010  7011My photos

email

Some cruise reviews
Seabourn Odyssey review - April 2013, with pictures
Azamara Journey All Inclusive Offering -June 2013, with pictures
Azamara Quest - Rome to Venice Sept 13 Pictorial review
Island Princess Panama Canal Transit 2013 Review
Celebrity Reflection Review Feb 1 2014
Seaboun Odyssey Review April 2015
Seabourn Sojourn Review January 2016
Scenic Sapphire - Rhone river cruise July 16
Regent Navigator - Mediterranean June 16
Rhone river cruise Scenic Sapphire