Parking in Miami

I am looking for suggestions for a safe off site parking in Miami for Sept. 11 th cruise.

I really prefer not to pay $20 a day to park my car at the port. There are a few advertised parking lots for 5.99 to 6.99 a day but they are really close to Overtown.

Does any one have any experience with off /port site parking in Miami?

Edited by chocolatelover1

I am looking for suggestions for a safe off site parking in Miami for Sept. 11 th cruise.

I really prefer not to pay $20 a day to park my car at the port. There are a few advertised parking lots for 5.99 to 6.99 a day but they are really close to Overtown.

Does any one have any experience with off /port site parking in Miami?

Fly in day early and stay at hotel with free parking.

• 2 weeks later...

One time in Miami we left our motorcycle in the trailer, along with our truck, in a U-Storage lot (first month free, so it was only a $20 fee!). One of the ladies who worked there had a husband who shuttled us to port, lol. Worked great!

However, for just a car, I'd try Park Sleep Fly. Stay at a nearby hotel and park free. Not sure what Miami has, but we use that often elsewhere.

• 2 weeks later...

For our recent Victory cruise out of Miami, my research turned up many horror stories about offsite parking in Miami. I looked into the hotels with free parking and found those rates to be high, and for some, the shuttle had a fee or required getting a taxi back. We finally decided we would park at the port and get a cheaper rate hotel to offset the cost. We ended up staying in Jupiter at a very nice Comfort Inn for @$75 (we were driving), and driving the last hour or so into Miami on the morning of the cruise. Since it was a short cruise, the cost was not really that much considering what we saved on hotel, and I loved the peace of mind and convenience of parking at the port.

Thanks for all your comments:

We live in Florida so we do not always come in the night before. We have in the past and when we did we used the hotel free parking and took a cab or shuttle.

Since this was a 3 day cruise we stayed at the port and it worked out great. I would not want to pay $140 for parking on a 7 day cruise though. We used an off site parking in the past and it was great. We had no problems. I just could not remember the name of the place we used. Since there are so many horror stories and it was a female only cruise we opted for the safe port parking this time. It was only $60.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone recently used one of the "off site" parking areas in Miami?

Cruising in November and was hoping to save a little on parking.

Any info would be appreciated, live in Fl so would be driving to Miami that morning.

Thanks