Galveston RUMOR!!!!

TEXASMUNK

Note: This is only a rumor, it is not fact, it is not verified, it is NOT substantiated!!!

Porter dragging our bags yesterday through customs in Galveston, taking about "the good old days" when Galveston had 6 ships....

Galveston is in talks with RCI about Rhapsody coming back to Galveston in 2010.

Would that mean year round? no idea

Would that mean different itinerary than when Voyager is in Galveston? no idea

But he said RCI was adding not replacing...

Dream Come True: Another RCI ship that does the Panama Canal circuit

DId I mention this is a rumor?

Note: This is only a rumor, it is not fact, it is not verified, it is NOT substantiated!!!

Porter dragging our bags yesterday through customs in Galveston, taking about "the good old days" when Galveston had 6 ships....

A "good rumor" is much better'n a "bad rumor", for sure!

Keep antennas tuned....:rolleyes:

Are you implying Jewel???????

Our favorite ship - but...

Since the 2010 itneraries are already out, would probably be 2011 before anything major like that - right?

Remember, before they announced the departure of the Rhapsody from Galveston, the Rhapsody was going to share Galveston with the Voyager. If I remember correctly, the Voyager was to sail Galveston much like it does now, Nov/Dec through April. The Rhapsody was to sail from New Orleans while the Voyager was in Galveston, returning when the Voyager leaves for Europe.

During the Q&A time at C&A party I asked about the another ship for Galveston. The answer was "NO" do to the uncertainy of the weather, ie hurricanes, during the late summer & fall months.

During the Q&A time at C&A party I asked about the another ship for Galveston. The answer was "NO" do to the uncertainy of the weather, ie hurricanes, during the late summer & fall months.

Isn't that true about all port cities?:confused:

I wonder if that means Florida cruising is in trouble, what with hurricanes in late summer and fall, and all that.

That sounds like a quick explanation that sounds reasonable on the face of it, but, when you think about iticon3.gif you say "he said what???"

Then I guess they shouldn't sail the CARIBBEAN at all from about June 1st through Nov 30th! Your info bad on this one.

While I do think that the storms of 2005 had some impact on RCI's decisions at that time, it certainly wasn't the primary reason or even the 10th reason. What about this year? So far, no storms in the Gulf. Lots of lost revenue.

RCI will be back in Galveston year round. Maybe not next year or the year after, but they will be back. After all, I believe RCI has a long term commitment with the city of Galveston that is several years long and involves improvements to their current facility!

More excuses. :mad: One of Adam Goldstein's guest speakers on his blog said they can't talk about why there isn't a full time ship in Galveston due to "legal reasons". :mad:

I was wondering about that date. Rhapsody is in Australia in 2010. No word yet on 2011 of course.

Any notion about storms, ect is nonsense. Florida is just as risky as any Texas port.

I did note with interest that when asked about Galveston, they hid behind the "lawyer" defense and said they could not talk about it. I am wondering if Galveston screwed the pooch on those ships. I still think Houston would give them a GREAT deal at this point for its new cruise port.

I will believe that RCL is back when I see the bow of a ship that will stay all year. The Voyager will be there an extra month next year. It is due in in November instead of December.

Archived