Spa pass

I went on the Gem in November of 2011 and they were selling the spa pass before you boarded the ship in the terminal. I bought it then~~you will not regret it! I do not know where they will be selling it for the Breakaway? I want one for my cruise in January!:)

Looking at pics/videos of the fantastic NCL Breakaway and notice only ONE hydrotherapy pool with only ONE waterfall? Too small for that size ship. Please...tell me there is more than just the one small therapy pool I have seen in pics/video... (EPIC is phenomenal and thought Breakaway would be similar)

I was on the Transatlantic voyage. You purchase the spa package at the spa. The cost is $146.00 for the week which I felt was a little too pricey. It was only $105.00 on The Dawn. People complained that either the whirlpool was not working or the pool was cold or drained. They are not very big and to be honest I was not too impressed. Only one hydrotherapy pool to my knowledge. Not sure about lockers but all ships I have been on had them.

Why doesn't NCL publish their spa treatment prices on the website? I'd like to purchase a couple services in advance but they don't seem to be available for that. Anyone know? We're on the Breakaway 5/12. Thanks.

We were on the maiden voyage from London to NYC on the Breakaway. We purchased the spa pass in the spa....it was the first thing we did, and we felt it was a GREAT deal (cheaper than a massage and great for a whole week). There are lots of lounges, one nice-sized therapy pool with a long jetted bench and many jets on each side. There is also a hot tub and a smaller pool area with very strong jets. Then, there is a saunarium (a sauna that isn't as hot and is more humid), a sauna, a salt room, and a steam room. There are also showers near these rooms, lots of towels, tea, fruit infused water, and great views. There is a locker room as well with lockers, showers, toilets, and changing areas. The spa is wonderful. Since it was the maiden voyage, not everything was working in the beginning, but it all was working by the end. We would definitely purchase the package again!

We were on the maiden voyage from London to NYC on the Breakaway. We purchased the spa pass in the spa....it was the first thing we did, and we felt it was a GREAT deal (cheaper than a massage and great for a whole week). There are lots of lounges, one nice-sized therapy pool with a long jetted bench and many jets on each side. There is also a hot tub and a smaller pool area with very strong jets. Then, there is a saunarium (a sauna that isn't as hot and is more humid), a sauna, a salt room, and a steam room. There are also showers near these rooms, lots of towels, tea, fruit infused water, and great views. There is a locker room as well with lockers, showers, toilets, and changing areas. The spa is wonderful. Since it was the maiden voyage, not everything was working in the beginning, but it all was working by the end. We would definitely purchase the package again!

Was the salt room included in the spa pass?

Why doesn't NCL publish their spa treatment prices on the website? I'd like to purchase a couple services in advance but they don't seem to be available for that. Anyone know? We're on the Breakaway 5/12. Thanks.

You cannot purchase spa services in advance, only on board. There is a list of some of the services, but certainly not all, on the explore and plan page.

Robin

I spend a good deal of time on my cruises in the spa and getting treatments, and if you are planning on getting 3 or more treatments ask for the 10/20/30 special. You get 10% off the first booked, 20% off the 2nd, and 30% off the 3rd.

To give you an idea of some of most popular spa treatment prices:

Facials - 50 minutes run between $119-$169

Massages - 50 & 75 minutes run between $119-$199, and the 100 minute Seaweed Massage around $259

Pedicure & Manicure - $50-$70

Booking spa treatments in advance and not paying up front was a feature I really enjoyed when I sailed Princess as it allowed me to better plan my time in the spa. Hoping one day this will be available on NCL even if you have to pay up front when booking.

Yes, they have a waterfall. All in all, though, the spa has been scaled back from the Jewel Class ships. Notably, the Breakaway does not have separate male/female sections, so be prepared for the exquisite tactile necessity of polyester swim suits in the co-ed sauna and steam room.

On the Gem, they have 2 strong waterfall jets that feel like a water massage. Do they have this in the spa

I spend a good deal of time on my cruises in the spa and getting treatments, and if you are planning on getting 3 or more treatments ask for the 10/20/30 special. You get 10% off the first booked, 20% off the 2nd, and 30% off the 3rd.

To give you an idea of some of most popular spa treatment prices:

Facials - 50 minutes run between $119-$169

Massages - 50 & 75 minutes run between $119-$199, and the 100 minute Seaweed Massage around $259

Pedicure & Manicure - $50-$70

Booking spa treatments in advance and not paying up front was a feature I really enjoyed when I sailed Princess as it allowed me to better plan my time in the spa. Hoping one day this will be available on NCL even if you have to pay up front when booking.

I agree. I would LOVE to be able to purchase passes, treatments, etc. prior to boarding.

It would relieve some of the first day stress of travel, getting on board, running from place to place to make sure reservations/treatments for specific days are secured, etc.

I am happy we can pre-book the shows and specialty restaurants and hope the passes and spa will be available to book in the future.

Yes, they have a waterfall. All in all, though, the spa has been scaled back from the Jewel Class ships. Notably, the Breakaway does not have separate male/female sections, so be prepared for the exquisite tactile necessity of polyester swim suits in the co-ed sauna and steam room.

Thanks for the warning. Co-ed only, huh? Yep, that's a big difference. And a smaller space overall in a larger ship? I guess whoever decided this decided to make the balconies smaller, too, LOL.:p

• 1 month later...

We will be on the Jade on 7/19 and I will be purchasing the all week spa pass for myself. Is it possible to get one for my 15 year old daughter? They are very specific about being 18 and over for most spa services, I don't want to get her hopes up in advance if it's not possible.

Thanks, Debra

We will be on the Jade on 7/19 and I will be purchasing the all week spa pass for myself. Is it possible to get one for my 15 year old daughter? They are very specific about being 18 and over for most spa services, I don't want to get her hopes up in advance if it's not possible.

Thanks, Debra

I believe if they are specific about being 18 and older than I'd assume everyone must be 18 and older. If they make an exception for one they'd have to make an exception for everyone.....and then it wouldn't be an '18 and older' or 'adults' only spa pass.

Why would you even ask if the rules are '18 and older' ?

I believe if they are specific about being 18 and older than I'd assume everyone must be 18 and older. If they make an exception for one they'd have to make an exception for everyone.....and then it wouldn't be an '18 and older' or 'adults' only spa pass.

Why would you even ask if the rules are '18 and older' ?

The reason I ask is because they do offer some services to some teens younger than 18 and I would like to know if the week-long pass is one of those services. I thought asking on this thread was reasonable....

Last yr my son who was 16 got the kids massage, but was not allowed to use the other facilities and that was fine for us. The ship is so filled with kids, i like to use the spa every day to get away fromt he crowds and kids running around

The reason I ask is because they do offer some services to some teens younger than 18 and I would like to know if the week-long pass is one of those services. I thought asking on this thread was reasonable....

Ah, okay, I'm sorry I misunderstood.

The weekly spa pass is for 18 and older, however, anyone can pretty much go in and get a massage, facial, hair, makeup, nails, pedi, wax, etc. The weekly spa does not include any of those as they are always a specific fee. Your daughter will have no problem getting any of their 'services'.....just not the spa pass.

Archived