Freedom 5/24 sailing... Turned back to Port Canaveral

Thanks for posting. I was looking at one of those live ship trackers and it looked to me like Freedom was on its way back. I have never used one of those trackers before and I thought I had misinterpreted it...

I get emails from Marinetraffic.com on FR's arrivals and departures and noticed that they returned to Port C in the middle of the night. Hope the person taken off will be OK.

Will the ship make it to Labadee tomorrow?

I get emails from Marinetraffic.com on FR's arrivals and departures and noticed that they returned to Port C in the middle of the night. Hope the person taken off will be OK.

Will the ship make it to Labadee tomorrow?

According to what I've seen this evening... Freedom will make Labadee tomorrow - but will arrive 3 hours late at 11:00 am instead of 8:00 am. Don't know if that is correct - as my source is the internet - and we all know the internet is always correct... LOL :rolleyes: :eek: ;)

Wondering if you all will get any sort of compensation due to this??? I love :) Labedee would hate to miss any time there! Prayers to ill person and family! Also how is the weather?

Why would they give any compensation..it was a medical emergency??? Not trying to be snarky just wondering why since they will still make the port just shortened the time there.

Of course you sound Snorky! Simple question ! Rude response!

No rude is trying to take advantage of someone else's misfortune..that is rude..and expecting compensation because someone else had a medical emergency..is rude. I asked a simple question..which is why would you expect compensation when ports are not being missed...that is a simple question.:mad:

Sunshiner - Noticed you are new to CC. Welcome. No, cruiselines don't give compensation for things like this. (It's sorta like airlines -- they don't give compensation if your flight is late either.) They have no control over delays from medical emergencies, weather, etc. It's not common, but it does happen.

I was very disappointed once on a Carnival cruise that cancelled going to the Port of Tortola completely. Weather was bad. (I had actually picked that cruise that year because of Tortola, which was an island I had never visited.) I think they gave every cabin a $50 onboard credit that time. The bars did a good business, and everyone seemed to roll with it. Stuff happens.

Edited by Truluv

Sunshiner - Noticed you are new to CC. Welcome. No, cruiselines don't give compensation for things like this. (It's sorta like airlines -- they don't give compensation if your flight is late either.) They have no control over delays from medical emergencies, weather, etc. It's not common, but it does happen.

I was very disappointed once on a Carnival cruise that cancelled going to the Port of Tortola completely. Weather was bad. (I had actually picked that cruise that year because of Tortola, which was an island I had never visited.) I think they gave every cabin a $50 onboard credit that time. The bars did a good business, and everyone seemed to roll with it. Stuff happens.

If that were the case I'd be rich and JetBlue would be bankrupt. :D

Of course you sound Snorky! Simple question ! Rude response!

i didnt think it sounded snorky lol was an answer to yours... but makes sense, why would they be compensated?? They are only loosing 3 hours by the looks of it

Wondering if you all will get any sort of compensation due to this??? I love :) Labedee would hate to miss any time there! Prayers to ill person and family! Also how is the weather?

On a recent Freedom Western we missed Labadee because of a return to Port Canaveral for a medical emergency. That was the first of a total of 7 medical emergencies on that cruise. The last three were taken off in Cozumel and did not require a change in itinerary.

We did not get any compensation nor did RCI charge the people with medical emergencies for the increased fuel costs in rapidly getting them to the nearest port that could deal with their emergencies.

Any update on the passenger taken off the ship?

The passenger, who at one point had no pulse, was due to be discharged from the hospital by June 1st according to the Captain.

We were on this cruise as well. At the end of the cruise, we ended up having 3 emergencies total (that we are aware of). This one of course and then mid week we had a lady pass out two tables from us in the MDR. She recovered and didn't have to be evacuated. Then, on the way back to Port Canaveral, some lady had an emergency and the ship diverted to Key West. A coast guard boat pulled up along side and evacuated her and some of her family. We never did hear anything more about that emergency or what happened to the lady. Since Key West was on the way back, we arrived back at Port Canaveral at the scheduled time.

Side note on the first emergency. We heard from the captain that the guy flat-lined and he was brought back to life by a crew member who had just learned how to use the AED that morning.