Celebrity Solstice lives...with plans, cabins & published itineraries!

kcb

've logged in to the Captain's Club page but can't find the itineraries or deck plans for the Solstice. Can you please run me through that ? Thanks

When you go to that page, don't go straight to the login dialog but look for the words 'CELEBRITY SOLSTICE EXCLUSIVE' on the r/hand side. Click on that, then you'll be asked to login, but after that you'll be taken to the correct page.

On a general point, I am beginning to get quite cross about this. Celebrity are seriously asking people to pay money for cruises on a new ship about which they only know the overall layout & the cabins? There's nothing about the restaurants, the other facilities, or the policies that will be in force. Maybe they'll announce all these on the 21st, but frankly this is all looking like the kind of arrogance that we saw from them over the recent Azamara Journey debacle: "we're the cruise line, we know best, and what we do is right!".

I can understand your confusion.

Click on the captains club link at the top of the Celebrity home page.

DO NOT LOG IN AT THIS POINT.

To the right of the page, under the 'happy couple', under the log in tab, is a heading: "Exclusively for our members". The first link underneath it is the Solstice link. Somehow if you log in first it doesn't work....crazy but true.

Good Luck,

Marlee

Cheked it out this morning, looks like a great ship!!! As always RCI does not dissapoint with their ship design - the best in the industry in my opinion. The only thing I don't like is all the hype which doesn't add up when the information is finally revealed.

One example of this over-hyping is the claim that the rooms would be more spacious than current ones. The comments and news clips with these claims over time made it seem like there would be a noticable difference in stateroom size compared to current ones.

Unless they are keeping the true size of these cabins a secret on this website X has their Solstice Concierge Class (CC) stateroom comming in at 192 Sq. Ft with a 53 Sq. Ft. varandah. If you compare that with the CC Class on the more spacious (based on the PSR rating system) Millennium Class its only 1 more Square foot!!! Millenium has their CC CLass at 191 Sq. Ft. Yes, the varandahs on Solstice are bigger but thats not A/C living space.

Just look at a standard floor tile and thats about 1-Square Foot, not a big deal if you ask me. This doesn't detract from the fact its a nice ship based on what they have published so far, but I just wish they wouldn't make such a big deal when its not warranted. The inside cabins are bigger for the record, but I'm comparing apples with apples. IE: What you get for the money on the more expensive categories.

Two other things I wish X would have done on Solstice:

1) Kept the panoramic ocean view glass elevators.

2)Made the ship look a little more distinct for the "X" brand. Other than the Glass "X" on the bump and the 2 stacks which are very subtle, it looks like a revised version of the "Brilliance Class".

Still, A beautiful ship so far and can't wait to book it!

Before they came up with the name Solstice, when they first announced they were contracting this ship to be built they referred to it as the Challenger class. The ship class usually takes its name from the first ship of that series.

I do hope they paint it in Celebrity colors - it doesn't look like a Celebrity ship - actually I thought it looked like a RCL ship.

No X on the smokestack!!!!

To the OP, thank you for your post. Probably would not have known about the offer if you had not posted.

Looked at the description of the cabins and the deck plans. Since we always book a RS on Celebrity, was interested to see two differences from the previous classes of vessels. The Royal Suites are larger than those on C class and M class vessels, with a large veranda similar to that on the M Class. Also noticed that the RS are on more than just one deck, which is a change from previous Celebrity vessels.

Our only reluctance to jump is it is a much larger vessel with many more pax. Since our recent Silver Seas experience, we prefer smaller rather than larger.

When I try to download it, it stops at 80%. I think that is because everyone is on it. Can someone tell me if they still have the FV cabins on the Solstice? That is our favorite cabin and would be very sad if they got rid of the FV's.

Thanks

Solstace is really not much bigger than the Millie.....YEAH!!!

Comparisons:

Freedom OS: 3634 pax 160,000 tons 1,112 length

Solstace: 2850 pax 122,000 tons

Millie: 2034 pax 91,000 965 length

Can't wait to see the deck plans for the common areas!

Dave:eek:

I know this might be asking too much, but can someone send me the deck plans because they cannot pull up on my computer. Like I said, it stays at 80% for around fifteen minutes. If you cannot, that is fine, but if you can that would be fantastic.

Thank you very much

I don't know why it says challenger though.

RCCLCARIB,

Where did your drawing come from? It's very interesting to see her like this.

Hi Everyone !

I am happy that we have the deckplans, and a few photos. I agree that I would like to see the current paint scheme on Solstice (she looks like a Royal Caribbean Ship at the moment), and the X back on the smokestack.

Hopefully, as the photos are likely done with software like Photoshop, these are just general ideas, and are not etched in stone.

Now, if we can only have pricing :)

You win -- first one to report. THANK YOU!:D

To the OP, thank you for your post. Probably would not have known about the offer if you had not posted.

You are all welcome! I've been as eager as anyone else here to get any info...just ask my TA!

I was surfing around on Celebrity's website late last night, and I couldn't believe it when I came across the info.

Blurry-eyed and all, I spent some time researching everything, then came over to CC to see what others had to say. I couldn't believe there was nothing here yet, so I figured I'd share...

~Kent

Archived