Prices

Jancruz

I doubt prices will rise across the board. Oceania has dropped prices for my summer cruises a year in advance each year for the past 3 years. I'm waiting for the price drop on my Aug/Sep, 2018 cruise on Riviera. I don't expect to see that price rise.

We've already booked our 2018 cruises. Oceania has only posted a fraction of the 2019 cruises, so it might be interesting to see what increase they attempt for 19 over 18.

They struggle to sell Carribe tours because of over capacity there in the winter months. Med and Baltic tours are highly competitive also. I could see a small bump on some of the routes just because airfares are rising. Asian routes/airfare seem to have taken a significant jump this year.

Never be swept up in a rush to book just because prices might go up. They also could go down. There have been several reductions in fares. Also, airfares fluctuate over time. European airfares have gone down. The only time I book way in advance is when I am set on a specific cruise or traveling with a group of friends/family. As a couple, we tend to wait. Often prices will drop closer to the sail date.

Never be swept up in a rush to book just because prices might go up. They also could go down. There have been several reductions in fares. Also, airfares fluctuate over time. European airfares have gone down. The only time I book way in advance is when I am set on a specific cruise or traveling with a group of friends/family. As a couple, we tend to wait. Often prices will drop closer to the sail date.

But if they go down you can generally get your invoice adjusted until final payment. If it goes up then you won't be charged the extra, your price stays the same. I'd say if you really want to book an itinerary there's no real downside to booking in advance.

But if they go down you can generally get your invoice adjusted until final payment. If it goes up then you won't be charged the extra, your price stays the same. I'd say if you really want to book an itinerary there's no real downside to booking in advance.

You are correct..and I agree 100%

Jancruz1

One may or may not get the price reductions. I've experienced cruises where all the PHs show "waitlist ". So if you cancel and rebook to get the lower fare, you lose your cabin. Then, however, after final payment due date, and you've paid your money, Oceania then shows availability almost everywhere and those late bookers are getting PHs $1K+ less , per person, than you paid.

It's a game all the way around. If you're satisfied with a price, then book it and don't look back. Might go up, down, or stay the same.

Looking at O's Homepage, it says Prices Going Up July 1st. Can someone hazard a guess as to when the 2nd half of 2019 will be posted ?

A couple of days ago a rep on the phone told me October 20th. On another thread here someone said they were told September. So who knows?

Looking at O's Homepage, it says Prices Going Up July 1st. Can someone hazard a guess as to when the 2nd half of 2019 will be posted ?

in the past they usually came out in Sept but things can change

Historically I would guess prices will only be going up on the 2018 sailings. They ones that didn't go up during the last price increase. I suspect 2019 prices will remain as is. The mythology is to encourage people to book 12ish months out. They arn't going to increase the price of a cruise 24months out. Comes down to demand aswell. I.e Caribbean and New England cruises never increase. European usually do, others only go down i.e south america (well that's what I've been finding)

I doubt prices will rise across the board. Oceania has dropped prices for my summer cruises a year in advance each year for the past 3 years. I'm waiting for the price drop on my Aug/Sep, 2018 cruise on Riviera. I don't expect to see that price rise.

Our September Med cruise has already risen £800 pp since booking September last year (at which time we had had a £700pp reduction on a September cruise). Talking to our TA she says they watch all the O cruises booked for clients in case of price drop and this year have not had one.

An onboard ambassador recently told us prices going up and O life benefits reducing.

Seems O are not having trouble filling their ships.

Our September Med cruise has already risen £800 pp since booking September last year (at which time we had had a £700pp reduction on a September cruise). Talking to our TA she says they watch all the O cruises booked for clients in case of price drop and this year have not had one.

An onboard ambassador recently told us prices going up and O life benefits reducing.

Seems O are not having trouble filling their ships.

True O is a strong product. The year is still new though. To date many ships have been completing popular long exotic sailings and world cruises. Now we are entering the shorter more regular itineraries. The past week i received a promo email for many peak med cruises with very special pricing and virtually all categories available. Substantialy cheaper than the current 2018 set. My canada new england sailing is another example virtually balconies and up have been vastly available. Now many guarantees are available. Demand will dictate which ones go up and which ones go down.

Our September Med cruise has already risen £800 pp since booking September last year .

Even though we Brits pay Oceania in sterling, as an American company there's a dollar base behind that. There is likely to be some significant element of a price increase that relates to the crash in the sterling/dollar exchange rate since the EU referendum decision. It's why we're seeing quite a lot of price increases across the board but it shows up directly for us with holiday related expenditure.