Family of 4 in an Interior Stateroom

Hi kford. This morning I'm seeing a FI interior avail for your cruise on deck 2 (324sf)

You should price that out asap compared to any other interior K/L/PR (only 150-160sf)

Oh thank you for sharing that. I am calling now

We are a family of 5 and now go for two interconnecting balcony cabins- 3 and a 2 (boys cabin and girls cabin) The first cruise when the children were smaller we stayed in a family ocean view - 5 in one cabin. It was fine.

If you get on well, it would be fine in my opinion.

I'm going on my first ever cruise next year on Harmony if the Seas. I'm a single mum with 3 children twins who will be 13 at the time and a 12 year old. We too have booked a large inside cabin - will we have enough room?

Depends on who you ask and what your tolerance for togetherness is. I did an inside with two girl friends once and it was crowded. There was really only enough room for one person to be moving about the cabin at once. Husband and I did one just once and thought it was tight even for two but there are plenty of folks who will tell you it will be just fine and you don't spend much time in the cabin anyway. Only way to know for sure is to try it ;)

I'm going on my first ever cruise next year on Harmony if the Seas. I'm a single mum with 3 children twins who will be 13 at the time and a 12 year old. We too have booked a large inside cabin - will we have enough room?

I think you will be fine. Don't let other people scare you.

Have you done it?

We have, with 5 (1 was technically booked in another cabin).

Had a great time. Don't let everyone scare you.

Doing 4 this time. 2 cabins would have been an extra $890. Worth it for us.

Yes, did it once and that was enough for the family, after that we booked two cabins.

yes you will be fine. Just know the inside cabin although says LARGE- its not the size of a regular hotel room. Its your first cruise-- you will be out and about on the ship more then in your cabin.

Also note that inside cabins are extreme darkness 24 hrs a day. Take a battery operated alarm clock so you can get up== or you will sleep whole hours away-= VERY nice if you want to take a nap.

small flashlights to store under each pillow in case you gotta visit the bathroom at night too

The spa showers are huge so sometimes one of us will go there to get ready instead of fighting for the cabin bathroom. And of course there are numerous toilets all over the ship.

My brother and I are taking his adult daughter on a cruise for her college graduation. We have booked cabin 4500 on the Vision of the Sea's - hoping it might be a bit oversized.

I thought I remembered from past RCCL cruise's that you could shower in the spa area. Can you shed more light on that for us - as I actually thought that the bathroom would be our biggest hurdle to deal with.

THANK YOU

I thought I remembered from past RCCL cruise's that you could shower in the spa area. Can you shed more light on that for us - as I actually thought that the bathroom would be our biggest hurdle to deal with.

THANK YOU

Think "locker room at the gym"... it's a dressing area with shower stalls.

You go there, take your clothes off, shower, dry off, put your clothes on, and leave. Not sure what other light there is to shed on the showering process. ;)

I just wondered if it was part of the spa or gym? And, IF it was available to use or if you had to buy a pass to the spa etc?

There are showers that are part of the fitness center, no extra charge.

I just wondered if it was part of the spa or gym? And, IF it was available to use or if you had to buy a pass to the spa etc?

The spa and gym are in the same area, so people tend to use the terms interchangeably.

The only possible issue would be very early morning or late evening usage, when the area is closed (the hours of operation will be listed in the Cruise Compass every day). Otherwise, you just walk in and help yourself. Don't even need to bring towels from your room, as they have towels there for you to use.

Okay it sounds like we will not be comfortable, but considering the limited amount of time we will be in the room, we should be okay. But I probably will never book a single room for all of us again. I appreciate everyone's feedback

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You would be surprised how much time you do spend in a cabin. If you can at all swing it- perhaps a last minute adjustment- try to get another cabin, so you have two. About a week before the cruise if the ship isn't full, prices could drop considerably. The bathroom issue is really a problem as is getting dressed and storage for four adult sized people in what is esentially a walk in closet. But you have to do what works for your budget.

Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by Cruise a holic

I answered the same thing on another thread about this :)

We have shared a room with our 2 kids twice and it was fine then but they are older now, tween and teen AND....

1. There is just not enough room to share one room and one bathroom

2. If you and your dh want to be intimate on your vacation, get 2 rooms lol.

Sometimes the 3rd and 4th passenger fares are close to, or the same as, an inside cabin fare. You might want to check out the possibility of 2 inside cabins.

The fitness center showers are available when the fitness center is open. Just be aware that the locker keys are in the spa, so the lockers may not be useable at some times.

all of the advise and help everyone has posted in reply.

I did call to see if there were any Family Suites - all sold out.

Then checked on the PV cat - all sold out.

For now we are just going to stick with the cabin we have and IF the bathroom presents a problem we know that we can plan to use the gym/spa shower's to help lesson the crowding in our cabin.

Thank you for the info on where to get the locker keys and to be sure to check the hours of operation.

Happy cruising to everyone too

We cruise with a large family..we have five kids so we've always had two cabins, still even with one or two small ones or teens its tight and kids get cranky...you will survive...next time book them a cheap one across the hall then throw the kids over there after check in. They dont mind kids staying without adult in cabin...and thank you God for the solarium :)

Only problem with that is the noise for the kids neighbors. Better for you to have the cabin next to the kids and have them next to an end or staff stairwell. You fellow cruisers will be grateful!

Or, just raise your kids to not be obnoxious brats, and then nobody ever has to be inconvenienced by them.... :rolleyes:

Or, just raise your kids to not be obnoxious brats, and then nobody ever has to be inconvenienced by them.... :rolleyes:

Sometimes, great parents make bad children and bad parents make good children. It really isn't a question of being obnoxious brats, normal kids are sometimes very loud- just part of being a kid!

Sometimes, great parents make bad children and bad parents make good children. It really isn't a question of being obnoxious brats, normal kids are sometimes very loud- just part of being a kid!

Normal kids CAN be taught appropriate behavior, and they CAN be supervised (and disciplined) for not engaging in appropriate behavior.

If my kid couldn't be trusted to not bounce off the walls at 3am, I sure wouldn't be taking him on a cruise! :eek:

Thank you for your insight into perfect parenting and appropriate kid's behavior. I'm sure everyone would like to hear more on the topic. You should start another thread so you can add much more parenting and discipline advice.

Edited by seeshore