Navigator of the Seas

So I've managed to squeeze a 4 day cruise in on Navigator of the Seas before the big Allure OTS cruise in May.

Has anyone been on the ship recently? Is it in good shape?

We're going on the cheap, so we're doing a 4 day to Cozumel in an interior room. I've never done an interor guarantee before. We've always done balcony or oceanview rooms with Carnival and have an oceanview balcony booked on Allure OTS.

Was on the Navigator on the 4th Dec with a stop in Cayman and Cozumel! The ship was great, with a huge xmas tree in the promenade... was a little chilly in the evenings on the deck, so bring something warm!!

Had a oceanview room.. so also cant comment on the interior rooms.

I wanna go back again!! Loved Cozumel!!

We were on the Navigator from 12-4 until 12-18 in an oceanview cabin on deck 2. Loved the cabin - plenty of room for everything. My guess is that if your inside is the same footage as ours you will be fine.

However, the beds are another thing. My back started aching night 3 so asked for another mattress pad or egg crate. That night there was another mattress pad doubled up on the bed but it only somewhat helped. It got so bad that I couldn't climb the stairs to deck 11 like I always have. I could only make it up to deck 5. For me that was a major adjustment to make as I love to walk and climb stairs onboard ships. We have no stairs at home so to me it's a treat. I know, I know!!

This was our 23rd, 24th and 25th cruise. We reached D+ on 12-19. This was not planned as we were already planning the B2B2B before the December Event was announced so we were really happy to reach a goal that we never dreamed of reaching. That said, we have to say that we thought the quality of the food on this ship was quite a bit below what we've had on other ships recently. And, it didn't help that they served the same menus on all three cruises. This was something we hadn't thought of before booking. We've done B2B before for 7 days each and the food was good so I guess there is a difference on 5/4/5 days. We found that a glass of wine with tapas at Vintages was the way to go some nights.

Also, never before had we had a problem with our stateroom attendant or toilets or safes - all of which we experienced this time. In all fairness, though, I must say that everything was handled promptly each time - even got a different cabin steward (who was great) even though I requested a change NOT be made. Of course, we didn't receive any comment cards after the first cruise.

All in all, we are pretty sure we will never do another 5/4/5 cruise but will stick to 7/7 or longer.

As for the Navigator - I thought she was in pretty good shape overall. I found the gingerbread houses in the Windjammer to be too gaudy - too many - too crowded together - and many with the same design. I am comparing them to the ones on the Rhapsody last year and there is absolutely No comparison.

Yes, I would said the Navigator again but only on a longer cruise. Just might ask for the same stateroom. We felt nearly no movement even when it was turbulent outside - only heard waves crashing against the hull and some loud scraping noises during the early (4:00 a.m.) morning hours.

Love cruising and can't wait for the TA on the Navigator next May.

• 3 weeks later...
Was on the Navigator on the 4th Dec with a stop in Cayman and Cozumel! The ship was great, with a huge xmas tree in the promenade... was a little chilly in the evenings on the deck, so bring something warm!!

Had a oceanview room.. so also cant comment on the interior rooms.

I wanna go back again!! Loved Cozumel!!

Odette:

I am doing the same cruise in a few weeks and planning a taxi for the day.

Do you recall what time you were able to get off inCozumel?

Thanks!

We have always booked interior cabins (more money for everything else). The Navigator is a beautiful ship when we were on her in Feb. 2009. I'm sure nothing has changed.

Our cabin was fine, like all interiors a little cramped but we're not huge people and did not over pack, so all was well. We use our cabin for sleeping and changing we don't hang out in our room. So if you utilize your room just for these necessary functions you should enjoy your stay.

Have been on NOS 2x in last year. D level cruiser.

Very satisfied.

Good condition. Rooms are fine. Most recently had both balcony and interior. Slept fine in both. Actually darker in interior.

Try to get a dining table on floor 4 or 5. Less noise and better treatment.

Will be back on NOS on 2/14 for 5 days.

Enjoy.

Just off the New Years cruise and in my opinion the ship was showing some wear and tear. Could use a real good going over especially the railings. I have never seen railings in such poor condition.

I agree the rails on our balcaony were so dried out they were cracked

So I've managed to squeeze a 4 day cruise in on Navigator of the Seas before the big Allure OTS cruise in May.

We're going on the cheap, so we're doing a 4 day to Cozumel in an interior room. I've never done an interor guarantee before. We've always done balcony or oceanview rooms with Carnival and have an oceanview balcony booked on Allure OTS.

We were on "Navigator" over Thanksgiving and found the ship to be little tired, the drapes were stained and the paint on the balcony peeling. We have been on her several times before and have a B2B booked on her February 3 2011, as you can gather the condition of the ship did not put us off booking again. We were told that the ship was leaving for a 2 year stint in the Med. starting in May 2011 and we wanted one more trip on her before she left; I hope they can find a little time to tidy her up somewhat. The only problem is that she will not be going to Falmouth in Jamaica as that port is still unfinished.

and did not over pack,

Key for a 4 day cruise. I finally convinced my wife to make our last 4 day cruise in one large suitcase. We skipped formal night and were fine. Loved our 2009 cruise on Navigator by the way.

We have the 4 nighter booked as well on March 3rd. I agree on the pack lighlty theory. We are considering not even going to the MDR. Its a winter is over getaway for us. Got cheap flights 69 pp booked inside also very cheap , got an Oh discount $279 . Really cant beat this much cheaper than going to Fl. for a 5 days seeings how our food will be included. Also was able to snag the Hyatt Place on Hotwire for a couple of nights pre cruise so a free shuttle :D

• 3 weeks later...
Have been on NOS 2x in last year. D level cruiser.

Very satisfied.

Good condition. Rooms are fine. Most recently had both balcony and interior. Slept fine in both. Actually darker in interior.

Try to get a dining table on floor 4 or 5. Less noise and better treatment.

Will be back on NOS on 2/14 for 5 days.

Enjoy.

either we are early, or you are late as we are on the 5 night NOS leaving FEB 12. HUH??

Is formal night on a 4 night cruise same as all oither formal nights ? Thanks

We were on Navigator over Thanksgiving and we are due to board for a B2B on Feb 3. I am pleased to say that the standards are kept up for the four day cruises on NOS. Formal night is on the 2nd night and I would say that 30% of the men were in Tuxedos, 40% in suits, 20% in jackets. The remaining 10% were in T shirts or golf shirts and even one or two in shorts.

Just got off the 4 day Navigator cruise to Cozumel Had an inside cabin(first time) 9289. Was perfectly fine. Enough room for the 2 of us ( just really slept in it anyways) Great cabin steward. Spent the day in Nachi Cocum-highly recommend it. It was my second time there and better than the first time if that is possible. The weather wasn't the best but nothing you can do about that. Food was a little disappointing. I have never cruised Royal before always Holland or Princess. Missed lobster ( not available on 4 night cruises) and the variety seemed a little limited to me. Not complaining because any meal I don't have to cook is great to me. Loved the Seattle's best coffee. Comedian was the best show on board. Also wished the lunges were a little larger to enjoy the bands in the evening. The Latin band is great-don't miss them Hope you have a great cruise i certainly did

We did the same four night on Navigator in November 2010...great short itinerary. We also tried to do this on the cheap...originally booked an inside GTY five months in advance...there was all sorts of price adjustments about two months out. We ended up 'creating' our own upgrade when Promenade View staterooms dropped to the same price as our GTY. Our PR cabin on deck 7 was great. Ship was solid overall. Particularly impressed by the quality of the gym.

Did a solo-first-time-RCI 5-nighter in 6603 Promenade cabin.

Ship is fantastic. Spent little time in cabin; a lot of time on deck.

I'll be back...with the entire family!

Enjoy.

:cool::cool:

Just got back from 5 day NOS sailing. The ship is still in pretty good

shape. Yes, the rails need re-sanding/varnished. The hallway and stateroom carpet was showing wear. We had a corner aft balcony room #8690 and noticed the crew working on the rails on deck

#10 while we were in MOBAY. Dining room service was very good

as were most of the shows. Weather and seas were Great.

Loved the aft balcony. The lobster was not so good, IMO.

The Chops meal and desert were exceptional as always.

We did a 7 night sailing on 1/3/11 in a PV cabin on deck 6. I thought the ship was in very good shape and really enjoyed our cabin overlooking the Royal Promenade.

Glad to hear you liked your cabin overlooking the Royal Promenade. We will be leaving very soon for our first RC cruise and booked one of these cabins. We will be on deck 8. Our one concern is how noisy the RP is and if we could hear this up in our room. Glad to hear the ship is is good shape.

Linda

Archived