Carnival Freedom Category 8B or 8C

GAMOM4

I have noticed this morning that an 8C Balcony cabin is the same price as the 8B that I have booked now....is it worth even trying to get the upgrade? One of the cabins that is available is only a few cabins down the hall (not sure what makes one 8B & one 8C).....I am on the Empress Deck now and they have 8C's on the Empress Deck and also on the Verandah Deck. Just thought I would ask what people that had changed from one category to another thought.:)

I have noticed this morning that an 8C Balcony cabin is the same price as the 8B that I have booked now....is it worth even trying to get the upgrade? One of the cabins that is available is only a few cabins down the hall (not sure what makes one 8B & one 8C).....I am on the Empress Deck now and they have 8C's on the Empress Deck and also on the Verandah Deck. Just thought I would ask what people that had changed from one category to another thought.:)

This thread explains the difference between cabin categories:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1590170

The Freedom is a Conquest class ship, so scroll down to Post #15, which details the categories on that class of ship.

Cat. 8B is a balcony on Deck 6 Midship, or Deck 7 Forward or Aft. Cat. 8C is a balcony on Deck 7 Midship, or Deck 8 Forward or Aft. It sounds like you are currently on Deck 7 forward or aft (the Empress Deck is Deck 7). Switching to Cat. 8C will allow you to move to midship on that same deck. It would mean less motion, and you'd be in a more centralized location on the ship, so that would be a good upgrade, unless you prefer a particular location. Cat. 8C would also allow you to move up to Deck 8 (Verandah Dech), but you'd be either Forward or Aft. On that ship, I would not recommend Deck 8 Midship or Aft since you would have the lido deck and/or buffet above you, which could be noisy. Deck 8 Forward is fine, but I don't see much of a point in upgrading.

Hope this post and the thread I linked you to answers your questions.

The Freedom is a Conquest class ship, so scroll down to Post #15, which details the categories on that class of ship.

Cat. 8B is a balcony on Deck 6 Midship, or Deck 7 Forward or Aft. Cat. 8C is a balcony on Deck 7 Midship, or Deck 8 Forward or Aft. It sounds like you are currently on Deck 7 forward or aft (the Empress Deck is Deck 7). Switching to Cat. 8C will allow you to move to midship on that same deck. It would mean less motion, and you'd be in a more centralized location on the ship, so that would be a good upgrade, unless you prefer a particular location. Cat. 8C would also allow you to move up to Deck 8 (Verandah Dech), but you'd be either Forward or Aft. On that ship, I would not recommend Deck 8 Midship or Aft since you would have the lido deck and/or buffet above you, which could be noisy. Deck 8 Forward is fine, but I don't see much of a point in upgrading.

Really good explanation :)

That is a very good explanation! Now I understand how the categories are divided out....I may just stay where I am because there may be a better chance of more price drops on a 8B than on a 8C and since I am paid in full...that would be OBC!

Archived