Caves and Tobacco Bay

GiGi

We are traveling in July on the Breakaway so we have 2 1/2 days in Bermuda. Would it be feasible to do the caves in the am, get a quick bite to eat and then go to Tobacco Bay for snorkeling? We would be doing this on our second day, so no need to rush back. It's my hubby, myself and our two boys 13 and 15. What is the best way to travel between these to spots? Thank you.

Yes, IMHO, it is feasible to do the caves and TB on the same day. To do it, you should plan on getting to the caves at opening time (9:00AM) and only tour one cave. You want to be at the caves before excursion buses start showing up.

If you want to do an early lunch, you could walk from the caves to the nearby Swizzle Inn, or you could wait until you are in St George and eat at a restaurant there. There is a snack bar at TB.

The best way to travel from the caves to TB would be a taxi. The fare would be about $18.00 plus tip. Bus fare for the same trip would be 2 tokens for the adults at $4.50 each and 2 children's fare at $2.75 each exact change. The downside of the bus is that you will have to walk, taxi, or shuttle to TB from near where the bus stop is in SG.

To return to the cruise ship, take the ferry from SG to the Dockyard. Be sure to have a ferry schedule so you'll know when the last ferry is.

SBtS

Thank you. I thought it was doable, but couldn't quite figure out how to get from one place to the other. Taxi sounds like the easiest way and not too expensive. I think we'll have a two or three day bus pass also to cover our trip to the caves and our first and last days on the island. Will that cover our ferry trip also or is that a separate fare?

Will there be taxis at or near the caves? If not how do I call for one?

Thank you.

Thank you. I thought it was doable, but couldn't quite figure out how to get from one place to the other. Taxi sounds like the easiest way and not too expensive. I think we'll have a two or three day bus pass also to cover our trip to the caves and our first and last days on the island. Will that cover our ferry trip also or is that a separate fare?

Will there be taxis at or near the caves? If not how do I call for one?

Thank you.

There are generally taxis available at the caves since visitors are arriving in taxis thru out the day.

The transportation pass includes the ferries.