Electrical outlets on ships

bakery

There is a "hidden" european style plug in the Emerald cabins. It is behind the beds and you lose one of the bedside lights if you choose to use the plug. My DH uses a cpap which is dual voltage and we were pleased to find this as it made using the machine very easy since he could plug it in right beside the bed. All we had to do was use the plug adaptor. We did replug the light before we left the cabin. The beds are a little difficult to pull away from the wall.

The socket under the bed is 2-pin German standard 220V. If your device is "smart" (look for voltage rating on the label... if it says something like 120-240V 50/60 Hz.) you're OK

All you'll need is an adapter. Look at http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_5_30?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=electric+adapter+usa+to+europe&sprefix=electric+adapter+usa+to+europe

This outlet is great for a CPAP - no need for an extension cord. I crawled under the bed the first day, unplugged the lamp, and plugged in the CPAP. Stowed the CPAP on the nightstand shelf during the day. Reversed it the last day. The steward let it completely alone.

The only plus are beside the desk in non=suite rooms. Take a power stripif you have more than two items to plug in and re-charge!

In addition to the outlet on dressing table, there's also one behind the TV - at least in the outside cabins. never looked there when in an inside cabin.

The socket under the bed is 2-pin German standard 220V. If your device is "smart" (look for voltage rating on the label... if it says something like 120-240V 50/60 Hz.) you're OK

All you'll need is an adapter. Look at http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_5_30?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=electric+adapter+usa+to+europe&sprefix=electric+adapter+usa+to+europe

This outlet is great for a CPAP - no need for an extension cord. I crawled under the bed the first day, unplugged the lamp, and plugged in the CPAP. Stowed the CPAP on the nightstand shelf during the day. Reversed it the last day. The steward let it completely alone.

A little help, please!

I do understand the need for an adapter for the plug under the bed, and will get one. Great find for the CPAP solution!

For the other outlets, though, I am confused by some of what I read in the thread. Do the ship's outlets accept a standard 3 prong extension cord, or do I need to get an 3-2 prong adapter for that? It is difficult for me to tell from the photos (not a problem with the photos at all, just a possible inability on my part to interpret what I am seeing and reading above).

Thanks!

A little help, please!

I do understand the need for an adapter for the plug under the bed, and will get one. Great find for the CPAP solution!

For the other outlets, though, I am confused by some of what I read in the thread. Do the ship's outlets accept a standard 3 prong extension cord, or do I need to get an 3-2 prong adapter for that? It is difficult for me to tell from the photos (not a problem with the photos at all, just a possible inability on my part to interpret what I am seeing and reading above).

Thanks!

Except for the under-bed outlet , all "regular" outlets are standard USA 3 prong grounded outlets. No adapter necessary for any US/Canadian device, power strip, or extension cord.

Archived