Car seat for three year old???

Racegirl6

I'm trying to plan a cruise for my husband, daughter and I. My husband keeps coming up with questions about taking our daughter. He feels that she is too young to take, and I think she will do just fine. I know we can take a shuttle to the port from the airport, she has sat on our laps previously on shuttles to car rental agencies from airports. I know we won't take cabs at any of the cruise ports, so is it necessary to take our car seat with us or just leave it home? I'm not anti-car seat. On our previous flights she sits on our laps and does fine. Since she is three now, she will have her own seat on the plane. Any tips would be great.

She is at the PERFECT age for a cruise! Which one are you going on? She can enjoy the kid's club and you can have some adult alone time.

I got THIS for the taxi ride for my 3 year old...

http://www.amazon.com/Eddie-Bauer-Portable-Bryant-Collection/dp/B000K53TFI/ref=sr_1_1/002-5995810-0950469?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1180551519&sr=8-1

It folded flat in our bags. And when we landed in Miami, the guy organizing the taxi rides at the airport was asking where the car seats were. :eek:

Much safer to pack one.

When we have brought our car seats along, we have managed to have the hotels we stayed at pre cruise store it for us during the time we were on the cruise, so you can ask about that when you book.

We have a Tote N Go portable carseat, which is very similar to the product listed by CruisingMama. The only real difference that I see is that the Tote N Go is a little smaller, as it lacks the seat portion of the Eddie Bauer model--certainly not a big difference. I bought it about five years ago at WalMart, and we have used it on many cruises. I highly recommend these as a safe alternative when traveling. Ours would fit in the outside pocket of our large diaper bag, so it was completely out of the way when we weren't using it. My only suggestion would be to make sure that you practice at home and fit the straps to your child before you go, as the initial fitting takes some practice. You don't want to be struggling with the straps with some anxious cabbie breathing down your neck. :)

Have a great trip!

Archived